- "Why are you still here? Shouldn't you be tracking down the Shining Blade?
- Do you have something we need to discuss?"
"What's all the commotion about?"
"Taran and Rhynnon are dead?"
- "Murdered in cold blood. Their caravan was attacked as they passed out of Loamhurst. Both men bravely gave up their lives defending the Chosen.
- It pains me to think of what the survivors must be going through right now. To watch their White Mantle protectors killed, then to be taken captive... Those poor souls. What should have been the greatest day of their lives has been transformed into a living nightmare."
"Who are the Chosen?"
- "Don't you remember? The Divine Eye of Janthir? You yourself administered the test. The Eye identifies those citizens with exceptional magical talent, those who someday may gain the True Sight. They were being taken to the Temple of the Unseen."
"Why the Temple of the Unseen?"
- "To study under the Grand Masters, of course. The Divine Eye identified them as having the gift of True Sight. The Chosen have the potential of one day becoming powerful mages. But one isn't just born into magic. They must train and refine their gifts if they want to someday realize their real power."
"Who would have done this?"
- "The Shining Blade, that's who.
- They call themselves revolutionaries, but they are nothing more than a godless bunch of bloodthirsty cowards. They hide from the light of truth deep within the Maguuma Jungle, coming to only torment and harass the honest, law-abiding citizens of Kryta."
"The Shining Blade live in the Maguuma Jungle?"
- "You could say that. They must have discovered a way to travel safely through the dangerous overgrown vegetation. No one has ever wanted to venture in there. The plants have a taste for blood, and its shadows are stalked by monstrous beasts. They say the spiders are twice the size of a man!
- I don't know about you, my friend, but even the thought of a spider that big makes me shake in my boots."
"What must I do?"
- "You must gather a group and head into the jungle to save the hostages and avenge the deaths of Taran and Rhynnon. But you must move quickly. The Shining Blade already have a head start. If you don't get to the Chosen soon, there's no telling what might happen to them."
"I'm on my way."
- "We're counting on you. Make us proud."