Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The interface, sometimes called the user interface (UI) or graphical user interface (GUI), of Guild Wars is all the elements on the game screen that allow the player to interact with the game and allow the game to inform the player about events in the game.
To move or remove most elements of the interface, go to the interface tab of the options window. Some window elements in the interface can be freely moved and resized without going through the options.
Elements of the interface
- Parts not removable from customization window
- Drop Bundle Button
- Parts removable from customization window
- Mission status
- Mission Progress
- Mission Goal
- Player status
- Target status
- Performance Monitor (outside of Observer Mode)
- Mission status
- Windows that STAY open in town
- Windows that open/close from keystrokes
- Party Search (Press P in a town or outpost)
- Party Members (Press P in an explorable area)
- Hero Window (H)
- Quest Log (L)
- Map Area (U)
- Inventory (I)
- Inventory Bags (F5 - F8 for separate bags, F9 for every bag)
- Skills and Attributes panel (K)
- Guild Menu (G)
- Friends List (N)
- World Map (M)
- Observer Mode (Press B inside a town or outpost)
- Score Chart (Press O during a PvP/GvG/PvE game)
- PvP Equipment (Press J On Battle Isles)
- Windows that open from NPCs
Arranging the interface
Many people choose to use the default set up provided by Guild Wars, but others move their displays around to fit how they play. If you find yourself looking at a particular side of the screen by habit, then it is likely most of your most important info should be listed there. If your cursor tends to be in one place more often than others, maybe the party list or chat menu should be there. Changing the interface to optimize your performance can be a difficult task but will make you more responsive.