Australian Sub-Culture Research Questions
Hi, I am a Year 11 Preliminary HSC student from New South Wales (Australia) currently studying sub-cultures in Society and Culture. For an upcoming personal interest assignment, I have chosen to study the 'gamers sub-culture'. To complete this project I will need some information taken from your much appreciated answers. Please note, that I do not intend for ANY of my questions to be discriminatory.
First just some general background questions. If you don't feel comfortable releasing the information, then you can leave them blank. :)
1) What is your gender?
2) How old are you?
- a) under 13 years of age
- b) 13 to 16 years of age
- c) 17 to 19 years of age
- d) 20 to 30 years of age
- e) 30 to 40 years of age
- f) +40 years of age
3) What is your ethnic background?
4) At what age were you introduced to your first 'gaming experience'?
And now on to the questions which hopefully you can all answer. :)
1) How often do you play video games per week?
- a) 1 to 5 hours
- b) 6 to 10 hours
- c) 10 to 14 hours
- d) +15 hours
2) How much money would you spend on video games or console accessories a month?
3) How many of your peers/social group members are gamers, or interested in games?
4) Why do you like/play video games? Example: for fun, gaining achievements, challenging yourself (gaining high scores)?
5) What gaming genre do you prefer/play most?
Thanks very much for taking your time to answer these questions, your answers will be very helpful. :D
You could also email me your answers at Special:EmailUser/Will.hutchinson if you like. :)