Incase you missed it, GW2 now has a trailer. It's about 5 mins long, and I'm going to give some opinions. It was mostly concept art, but there were a few awesome things:
Things that looked awesome
- The day/night sweep, I may speculate that GW2 will have day/night, but I can't be certain that this is the case, anyway - night looks much better than night in EQ2, and in Oblivion, the moon effect was beautiful (<3).
- Some of the Asuran tech looked immense
- Water effects and underwater environments are top class
- Running animations (for what seemed to be charr)
- Environments in general are top class
- The music, a redux of the GW:EN overture was probably the best thing about the trailer.
- Looks like there won't be a good/evil race split (something to rolplay only, perhaps). Mentions races allying
- Some of the gameplay footage looked like GW1 footage, nothing too new
- Keep in mind the final trailer for GW1, which used artistic license up the wazoo.
Comments most welcome