| Ascalon Foothills, Yak's Bend,|
Borlis Pass, Iron Horse Mine
(click to enlarge)
Area Name: Traveler's Vale
Region: Shiverpeak Mountains
Traveler's Vale is the first taste that players in the PvE campaign will get of the Shiverpeak Mountains. The vale is overrun by the xenophobic Stone Summit trying to prevent the humans of Ascalon from trespassing on their mountains.
Many of the quests in the Northern Shiverpeaks occur here.
Exits / Neighbour Areas
The following quests start in Traveler's Vale:
(Note: Icons indicate profession specific quests, skill rewards or repeatable quests.)
- Artemis the Ranger: Stone Summit Beastmasters
- Elsa Alston: Oswalt's Epitaph
- Rangil Ironbow: Minaar's Trouble
- Rangil Ironbow: Minaar's Worry
- Rangil Ironbow: Iron Horse War Machine
- 11 Snow Ettins (before completing The Way is Blocked)
- 7 (23) Juniper Barks
- 10 (24)Ice Golems
- Shiverpeak Centaurs
- Stone Summit
- 12 Toris Stonehammer
- 12 (27)Ulhar Stonehound
- 12 (27) Hussar Ironfeast
- 13 Shalis Ironmantle
- 12 (27) Riine Windrot
- 12 (27)Saris Headstaver
- 12 Inar Frostbite (only during the quest The Way is Blocked)
- 12 (27) The Judge
- 12 (27) Ulrik the Undefeated (during The Stone Summit Champion quest)
- Artemis the Ranger at point A.
- Rangil Ironbow at point B.
- 4 Caravan Guards walking from Yak's Bend to Borlis Pass
- Bull's Strike from Toris Stonehammer (not available before A Belated Betrothal quest in Seeker's Passage).
- Precision Shot from Ulhar Stonehound (not available before The Forgotten Ones quest in Destiny's Gorge).
- Fertile Season from Ulhar Stonehound (not available before Fishermen's Haven or The Amnoon Oasis).
- Kinetic Armor from Ulrik the Undefeated (not available before Fishermen's Haven or The Amnoon Oasis).
- Stone Daggers from Ulrik the Undefeated (not available before Mysterious Message quest at Druid's Overlook).
- The Stone Summit have many conditions (namely Bleeding). They will also try to hex your party with snares and a handful of health degen. Condition removal and hex removal are vital.
- Groups will cluster very close together in the tight corridors of Traveler's Vale, particularly in the north areas and near the bridges towards the south. Be very careful to watch your aggro carefully to avoid being overrun.
- Fire damage is very helpful as there are a number of Ice Golems. If conditions and aggro are kept under control, it is generally a fairly easy Vanquisher zone.
- To receive credit for the Vanquisher title track in this area you must defeat 163-192 monsters in Hard Mode. Higher numbers of monsters are encountered while doing the quest The Way is Blocked, so it may be wise to abandon the quest before attempting to vanquish this region.