Tonics are a type of consumable that allows a player to change their form temporarily. All but two tonics are available in two versions: standard and "Everlasting" versions, the everlasting tonic having infinite uses and being distinguished by a sleeve on the icon bearing the infinity symbol.
Tonics can be acquired in a variety of ways, including as drops or festival prizes during special events, from opening Gifts of the Traveler, and from opening the Zaishen Chest. The Zaishen Chest is currently the only source of the the Beetle Juice Tonic and the everlasting versions of most festival tonics. It also features set of Zaishen-exclusive tonics available on a rotating monthly basis.
Types and availability
Monthly Zaishen Chest tonics
|(Everlasting) Cerebral Tonic||January|
|(Everlasting) Searing Tonic||February|
|(Everlasting) Abyssal Tonic||March|
|(Everlasting) Unseen Tonic||April|
|(Everlasting) Phantasmal Tonic||May|
|(Everlasting) Boreal Tonic||July|
|(Everlasting) Trapdoor Tonic||August|
|(Everlasting) Macabre Tonic||September|
|(Everlasting) Gelatinous Tonic||November|
|(Everlasting) Abominable Tonic||December|
Gallery of forms
Monthly Zaishen Chest tonics
|Tonic||Cerebral Tonic||Searing Tonic||Abyssal Tonic||Unseen Tonic||Phantasmal Tonic||Automatonic|
Rift Warden Form
|Tonic||Boreal Tonic||Trapdoor Tonic||Macabre Tonic||Skeletonic||Gelatinous Tonic||Abominable Tonic|
Awakened Head Form
- All single-use tonics add 2 points to the Party Animal title track, with two exceptions: Zaishen Tonics yield 3 points and Mysterious Tonics 5 points. The everlasting versions do not give any points.
- Transmogrifier, Yuletide, and Zaishen Tonics (single or everlasting) are the only tonics that can be used in explorable areas. The rest may only be used in towns or outposts.
- The lettering on tonics is white, except for Mysterious (gold) and everlasting (green).
- After using the command /sit and then idling for a few seconds, some avatars will "play dead." Alternatively, some avatars will do this when movement or /stand is initiated while sitting.
- The Oversized Tonic Warning applies to some large forms when approaching certain NPCs, and will change the forms into a more appropriate one.
- The Transmogrifier tonic was required in order to complete the 2009 Halloween quest sequence that begins with Something Wicked This Way Comes.
|Guild Wars Tonics|
Abominable Tonic (everlasting) • Automatonic (everlasting) • Abyssal Tonic (everlasting) • Beetle Juice Tonic (everlasting) • Boreal Tonic (everlasting) • Cottontail Tonic (everlasting) • Cerebral Tonic (everlasting) • Frosty Tonic (everlasting) • Gelatinous Tonic (everlasting) • Macabre Tonic (everlasting) • Mischievous Tonic (everlasting) • Mysterious Tonic • Phantasmal Tonic (everlasting) • Everlasting Reindeer Tonic • Searing Tonic (everlasting) • Sinister Automatonic (everlasting) • Skeletonic (everlasting) • Transmogrifier Tonic (everlasting) • Trapdoor Tonic (everlasting) • Unseen Tonic (everlasting) • Yuletide Tonic (everlasting) • Zaishen Tonic