- Travel east from the Barradin Estate to Lakeside County. Head south to Ashford. Take the southeast bridge to Regent Valley. Once in Regent Valley, follow the road to Fort Ranik.
- Deliver the message from Barradin to Lord Darrin.
- "I recently received word from Devona that a Charr Ranger has been sighted south of the wall. Thom and I will begin scouring the countryside for this creature.
- In the meantime, I need someone to go into Regent Valley to Fort Ranik and deliver a message warning Lord Darrin. He must begin his own search for this Charr fiend."
- Accept: "I am honored to be entrusted with this duty."
- Reject: "I am not a messenger."
- "What's this? A letter from the duke? Oh, I see. The good duke suggests that I am not doing enough to serve Ascalon. See what he says here? "I trust you and your men, being so far from the conflicts at the Wall, have ample resources to hunt down this Charr."
- Between you and me, Barradin is fortunate he is so skilled a Warrior. Else he'd learn to regret being such a poor diplomat. In any case, his message has been received. You may consider yourself dismissed now."
Travel to Fort Ranik, either via Map travel or following the quest summary. Once there, give the message from Barradin to Lord Darin.