- Search for the Ebon Vanguard in the Charr homelands.
- Speak to Gwen in the Hall of Monuments.
- Travel to Longeye's Ledge and search for clues about the Vanguard. (Against the Charr)
- Talk to Olfun Longeye in Longeye's Ledge.
- Complete quest: Search for the Ebon Vanguard
- Complete quest: Against the Charr
- Complete quest: The Dawn of Rebellion
- Free Pyre's warband and gain their aid. (Warband of Brothers)
- Complete quest: What Must Be Done
- Free the remaining Ebon Vanguard from the stronghold of Hierophant Burntsoul. (Assault on the Stronghold)
- See Captain Langmar for your reward.
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Gwen)
- Thank the gods someone has finally come to help. The Ebon Vanguard has gone missing. Captain Langmar and the bulk of the Ebon Vanguard planned to pass through Longeye's Ledge to the east for a raid into Charr territory. However, they are extremely overdue. I swear to Lyssa that if those inhuman beasts have harmed Captain Langmar, I will make them all pay!
- "Thank you for rescuing us, <name>. Gwen told me what you went through on our behalf. It seems you and Gwen had quite the adventure. Rest assured, you may count on the Ebon Vanguard to aid you in the future."
This quest requires you to complete 5 other quests, you can look on their respective articles for walkthroughs.
- Search for the Ebon Vanguard
- Against the Charr
- The Dawn of Rebellion
- What Must Be Done
- Assault on the Stronghold
- The quest is automatically added after watching The First Vision cinematic.
- This quest fills entry number 2 in the Hero's Handbook.