Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Frog is a very wise amphibian who could be described as an oracle. Periodically, ArenaNet staff members use him as a way to speak to the community. Sometimes they release tidbits of information about future updates of the game. He even replies when being addressed (provided an ArenaNet developer is "logged in" as The Frog). The Frog most often appears in the International District in Kamadan.
The Frog's words, often in rather cryptic riddles, appear in golden font in the public channel.
Who Owns The Frog: Control of The Frog has been a hot topic of speculation by players, as none of ANet's employees have ever confirmed who summons The Frog or whether it can appear without a supervising player. These are the known facts:
- When Gaile Gray was Community Relations Manager (CRM), she often appeared when The Frog did;
- In a well-known dual appearance, Gray appeared to upset The Frog by referring to it as Toadbreath, and subsequently sent her response aimed at placating The Frog from The Frog's avatar (instead of her own);
- The Frog made appearances at times when Gray did not.
- Liana Briarwater has been seen speaking as The Frog during several appearances, using her own avatar (and the standard purple text used by game staff).
- There are three versions of The Frog miniature, all named the same, but with different appearances. There is a normal Frog, a Halloween Frog and Wintersday Frog. All are one-of-a-kind and are not available to players. They were given to Gaile Gray by the Developer team as departure gifts when she stepped down as community relations manager, and each of them contains a unique second line of yellow text, saying "With you always, he is."
Ambient frog locations
Frogs can be found as ambient animals in a number of places around Kryta.
- Divinity Coast (mission): sitting in the far northwest corner.
- Gates of Kryta (outpost): near a cart on the small hill behind the henchmen; another in the straw tent near the Xunlai Agent
- Lion's Arch: near the Xunlai Agent on the hill, by the tree, by the gate leading to the big fountain
- Sanctum Cay (mission): about halfway upstream in the river, near the first encounter with Undead
- Scoundrel's Rise: in the back of the swamp with the Bog Skale Blighters
- The Black Curtain: hopping through the swamp waters just south of the Temple of the Ages
- Warrior's Isle, near the trebuchets.
- Wizard's Isle, near a trebuchet.
- Wintersday: Kamadan, Jewel of Istan, near the entrance to Churrhir Fields, on top of big gifts by the tent.
- Dragon Festival 2007: Shing Jea Monastery, on a grassy area next to the bridge between the storage area and Sunqua Vale exit.