Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Use Alkar's concoction against the Destroyers to test its effectiveness.
- See High Priest Alkar for your reward.
- "Come, see the fruits of my labor! I've developed a concoction that should be of value when used against the Destroyers. Unfortunately, its effectiveness is in theory only, as I've not tested it against the real thing. I need you to do something for me. Whilst in the presence of a Destroyer, throw this vial to shatter the glass. When air hits the liquid it will create a gas, which should corrode the Destroyer's hide and cause it significant pain. You know, give them a taste of their own medicine! It should work... but if it doesn't I'll use your pay to finance a nice funeral service instead. How does that sound?"
- "Fantastic! Did you blindfold the Destroyers before dousing them with my secret formula? Ah, never mind. Now that we know it works, I'll give you this concentrated version I just finished. Don't forget to equip yourself before hurting Destroyers. Have fun!"
Basically any encounter with Destroyers is fine, just drop the concoction in their vicinity and the quest will update as completed. Here are some repeatable quests that guarantee you an encounter with Destroyers immediately and without much walking:
- Go to Olaf Olafson, accept the "A Gate Too Far" quest.
- Take the G.O.L.E.M. quest and use on the Destroyers while approaching the golem kilns.
- During the final battle with the Great Destroyer.
- Doing Glint's Challenge.
- You are given a Alkar's Concoction when you accept the quest, but it is not removed if you abandon the quest. So if you have the patience, you can just repeat taking the quest, placing concoction into storage, abandoning (rinse-n-repeat) over and over to build up a supply.
- Once you complete the quest, you can accept the reward from either the version of Alkar in the Battledepths, or the one in the Central Transfer Chamber.