Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tengu are humanoid, intelligent, quick-moving creatures who resemble a mixture of human and bird, with a feathered body and a bird-like head and beak. They are unable to fly, but can hold weapons and items.
Tengu in Tyria
The Tyrian Tengu split up into three peoples:
- The Caromi, found in Kryta.
- The Avicara, found in the Southern Shiverpeaks.
- The Quetzal, found in the Tarnished Coast.
All three groups of Tengu are hostile.
Tengu in Cantha
In Cantha, the Tengu are divided into two main tribes, the Sensali and the Angchu. A third, smaller tribe, the Star Tengu, reside in the Nahpui Quarter of Kaineng City. The Sensali and Star tribes are hostile, while the Angchu are allies.
The Angchu learned to live with the humans who rule their land, whereas the Sensali prefer life as nomads. The Angchu learned to articulate and, generally, live in peace with their human neighbours. The Angchu deeply hate the Yeti people in the mountains, their archenemies since before the time Cantha was united as a kingdom.
The Canthans tolerate the Angchu but few consider them equal to men. Nonetheless, humans and Angchu jointly celebrate the end of the Tengu Wars. The anniversary of the peace treaty is celebrated by humans as the "Day of the Tengu".
A Tengu henchman named Talon Silverwing can be employed in some Canthan and all Eye of the North locations. He is recognized by Emperor Kisu as one of the individuals instrumental in bringing an end to the Tengu Wars.
Tengu are usually found in mixed groups of melee attackers, ranged attackers and spellcasters. This mixture, combined with their speed, makes them dangerous foes for any profession.
Furthermore Tengu ...
- are fleshy creatures.
- are susceptible to all conditions, including bleeding, poison, and disease.
- leave a corpse behind.
- are not undead.
- can be knocked down.
- move slightly faster than humans, so are difficult to break aggro from.
- All Caromi and Avicara Tengu are especially vulnerable to lightning damage (including rangers).
- Caromi Tengu are hostile to Gypsie Ettins and the undead.
- When doing the quest Defend Droknar's Forge, Avicara Tengu are hostile to the Titans.
Tengu may drop the following loot (besides gold and various weapons and items):