Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
To teleport in common language means to move from one place to another more or less instantaneously, without having to walk or use any other kind of conventional transportation, or having to have a path to get to the destination.
In Guild Wars this can be done various ways:
- Map travel
- Use a Teleporter
- Use a teleportation skill
- Resurrection Shrine
- Some NPCs are able to teleport themselves (such as Vizier Khilbron) or the players (such as Glint).
- Mission cutscenes and zoning will not only resurrect dead party members, but will also teleport them to where the cutscene is taking place.
- Observer Jahfoh's Ability to allow players off the platform during the quest Command Training
The following skills cause teleportation of some kind:
- Players are able to teleport through locked gates and walls, ignoring the normal pathfinding method that shadow stepping uses. This strategy is often used to complete the bonus objective during the Dunes of Despair mission and to explore some areas for the Cartographer title which are otherwise difficult or impossible to access.
- Teleportation skills do not cause you to drop a held item.
- Shadow stepping is quite similar to teleporting, but with additional restrictions.