Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article is about a part of Guild Wars that has been removed from the game in the Game_updates/20091022#Codex_Arena.
Please see the history of this article for further information.
This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Form a team and fight against a randomly selected opponent. Two teams of four fight it out gladiator style.
The Team Arenas (commonly abbreviated as TA) were the location for organized 4v4 PvP. Teams could be of two different groups of people:
- Organized teams of 4 picked in the outpost
- Random teams of 4 that arrived in TA by winning 10 consecutive matches in Random Arenas
Team Arenas matches consisted of battles between two teams. The match happened in one of fourteen randomly chosen maps: the thirteen that are also available in Random Arenas, plus the Deldrimor Arena. Most Team Arenas maps have a simple goal: eliminate the opposing team, known as Annihilation. Two maps are somewhat different: The Crag has Kill count, which is to score the most kills in 3 minutes, and Deldrimor Arena has Priest Annihilation, which is the same as regular Annihilation except there is also an NPC priest on each team resurrecting dead allies.
The Team Arenas were previously located near Droknar's Forge, and did not include Heroes' Crypt or Ascalon Arena in their map selection. The arena was moved to The Battle Isles and given the two additional arenas as part of the January 19, 2006 game update.
Any account that existed before the January 19, 2006 game update already has Team Arenas unlocked. Otherwise, to unlock Heroes' Ascent for your account, you need 5 wins in Team Arenas with one of your characters. (The wins do not have to be consecutive).
- Map travel to The Battle Isles (Great Temple of Balthazar) from Tyria, Cantha, or Elona.
- Enter the Random Arenas by talking to the Canthan Ferry Captain on the Isle of the Nameless
- Fight in the Random Arenas and win 5 consecutive matches. This will "unlock" the Team Arenas for all characters of the same account.
- Once unlocked this way, you can map travel to the Team Arenas at any time.
The following applies to this arena:
- Match types: Annihilation, Kill count
- Minimum Level: 20
- Team size: 4
- Teams: Randomly chosen, Formed groups, Combination
Battles take place in any of the following arenas:
The following Faction rewards were given in the Team Arenas: