Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Tapestry Shred is a Pre-searing token of Gwen's appreciation given to the player after she receives enough gifts of her own. Gwen will accept Red Iris Flowers, a new Flute, and a Small Girl's Cape after you have retrieved her Broken Flute. It has no inherent value in the Prophecies campaign.
Acquiring a Shred
The cheapest way to earn a shred is to retrieve Gwen's Broken Flute, buy her a replacement, a cape, and give her three Red Iris Flowers. Gwen will give you a shred as long as the last item you give her is an Iris. (However, see the bug note below.)
This item stacks.
- You say you are from the South? You look strangely familiar.
- We met long ago. I have something of yours.
- So many feelings. So many memories. I...no. The Ebon Vanguard needs us. We'll talk again after that matter is settled.
Once the quest The Missing Vanguard is completed, talk to Gwen with this item in your inventory, she will take it from you and give you the quest Then and Now, Here and There. Note that taking Then and Now, Here and There will remove the Tapestry Shred from your inventory.
- Each character can only earn a single Tapestry Shred. However, you can trade with other players or deposit the shred in storage.
- Related items include the Broken Flute, Gwen's Broken Flute, the spirit of Gwen's mother Sarah, the Tattered Girl's Cape, and in the Guild Wars Nightfall campaign, the Preserved Red Iris Flower.
- If you take a non-Tyrian-born character into the Hall of Monuments with the Tapestry Shred in their inventory, the dialogue will still appear. However, when you speak to Gwen, she will offer the Fire and Pain quest instead.
Historical note: At one time, Gwen would take all the Red Iris Flowers in your inventory, giving you credit for only one. Currently, she only takes one at a time. Historical note: In game rumors have long suggested that you needed give Gwen the Small Girl's Cape or dozens of flowers. This is not true now (and it is not clear if it was ever true).