Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sunspear rank is a title available to characters in the Nightfall campaign. A character's rank in the Order of the Sunspears is determined by the number of Sunspear Promotion Points (SPP) accrued. There are four methods of gaining these points: through quest and mission rewards; by killing certain monsters while under the effect of a bounty; by turning in Night Falls books; or by vanquishing areas in Istan and Kourna.
Sunspear rank title track
Rank Title Sunspear Promotion Points 1 Sunspear Sergeant 50 2 Sunspear Master Sergeant 100 3 Second Spear 175 4 First Spear 300 5 Sunspear Captain 500 6 Sunspear Commander 1,000 7 Sunspear General 2,500 8 Sunspear Castellan 7,500 9 Spearmarshal 15,000 10 Legendary Spearmarshal 50,000
For Elonian characters, progress in the Sunspear Rank title track is required to complete:
- The Nightfall attribute quests:
- These primary quests:
Foreign characters can complete Nightfall without progressing this title. However, most Canthan and Tyria characters will reach Sunspear Castellan simply by playing through the campaign.
Hero skill points
- Main article: Hero skill point
Your character also earns up to 18 Hero skill points as they increase in Sunspear rank: 1 point for each of the first two ranks and 2 per rank thereafter. These can be spent at a hero skill trainer.
- Main article: Sunspear skill
These are 11 PvE-only skills that a character can learn which are linked to the character's progress in the Sunspear title track. Unlike normal skills, these skills will not be unlocked on your account; they cannot be used by heroes nor can they be used in PvP. The first such skill is learned after reaching Sunspear Sergeant rank and speaking with Runduk (the Sunspear Rank officer in Sunspear Great Hall). To learn the other 10, earn more ranks and speak to the Hero skill trainers in Sunspear Great Hall, Kamadan, or the Command Post.
Sunspear skills cost 1 hero skill point and cannot be learned until you have a secondary profession.
- Once a character has reached the rank of Commander, Sunspear Scouts in Istan will no longer give Sunspear bounties.
- The scouts on Istan also consider the player's level. A high level Elonian player can be refused a bounty, even when that player has a low Sunspear rank.
- Once a character has reached the rank of Castellan, scouts/priests will no longer give Sunspear bounties in normal mode. There is no cap for the bounties in Hard Mode.
- Captain Ahkenchu will only provide or accept Normal mode Night Falls books if your rank is below Sunspear Castellan (8).
- A list of farming locations: Sunspear point farming.
- Information about Sunspear Promotion point bounties: Sunspear/Lightbringer bounty.
- Quests that reward SPPs: Category:Gives Sunspear points.
|Asura Allegiance • Cartographer • Champion • Commander • Codex • Defender of Ascalon • Deldrimor Allegiance • Drunkard • Ebon Vanguard Allegiance • Faction Allegiance • Gamer • Gladiator • Guardian • Hero • Kind Of A Big Deal • Legendary Cartographer • Legendary Guardian • Legendary Skill Hunter • Legendary Vanquisher • Lightbringer • Lucky/Unlucky • Master of the North • Norn Allegiance • Party Animal • Protector • Skill Hunter • Sunspear • Survivor • Sweet Tooth • Treasure Hunter • Vanquisher • Wisdom • Zaishen|