- Destroy the Graven Monoliths and harvest their shards. Collect 10...0 more to complete your sample.
- See Awata for your reward.
- "Shortly before your arrival, strange occurrences became commonplace. Once staid stone formations have been given life; they now walk these cursed lands engaging any poor fool they encounter. They are vicious. I have lost many to their fury, though they are not infallible. A group of my men cornered one of them and shattered it into hundreds of pieces. At its core they found a glowing shard pulsing with a magic I have not seen.
- If we are to decimate these monsters we must understand everything about them. Fetch me more shards and I will unlock their secrets."
- Accept: "Let's rock."
- Reject: "I'm too old to rock 'n' roll."
- When asked about quest: "Have you gathered enough glowing shards from the Graven Monoliths yet?"
- "Upon closer inspection, I can see these glowing shards feature curious inscriptions. Perhaps we have what we need to unravel their origin...."
- Awata starts by stating that glowing shards are required to complete the quest when Inscribed Shards are actually what is needed (the Reward Dialogue shows him "learning" about their inscriptions).
- The drop rate for shards isn't very high, so it may take a little while.
- Good places to find monoliths are:
- South from Ruins of Morah where 2 groups of 2 monoliths can be found.
- West exit of the Bone Palace, where another 5 monoliths can be found.
- South-west corner of The Sulfurous Wastes in the temple of Abaddon (22 of them to be exact). A Show of Force dramatically increases the number of monoliths that can be fought here.
- Awata will take the shards from your inventory.