Shorewatchers are NPC guards who patrol around many areas in Istan.
When spoken to, they respond with one of the following lines:
- "Ahai, (character name)! I hear you're going to put me out of a job."
- "Good work (character profession). My kids asked me to get your autograph."
- "I trust Kormir,but I'm not sure the Sunspears are ready for the kind of leadership she offers."
- "You're around here so much, maybe I should just go home."
After completing Grand Court of Sebelkeh (mission):
- "A foul wind is blowing across Elona. And it's not coming from the mouths of the Vabbian princes for once."
- "Bah. Vabbi's like footprints on the sand. They'll wash away when the tide turns."
- "I suppose with some proper training, those Vabbi might be all right. But don't let anyone know I said that."
- "Join with the Vabbi? You want me to protect two provinces?"
- "Vabbi's got money and resources. Even if they don't have fighting men, we would benefit from an alliance."
After completing Gate of Desolation (mission):
- "I'm not going to give up! There's got to be a way to defeat Varesh before Nightfall! We've got to find a way."
- "It's like the tide. Wax and wane. Birth and death. Nightfall and dawn. I have to believe one will follow the other."
- "It's the end of the world. Can't guard the shore from that."
- "I've walked these beaches all my life, and my father before me. I think I'll just keep walking until the end. I owe the beach that much."
- "Nightfall is too big to comprehend. But I look at my family, my friends, my country...and I understand what the end of the world means."
After completing Abaddon's Gate (mission):
- "Hey, it's <name>! Good to see you. We lived through it, didn't we?."
- "I hear the corsairs are at it again. So soon after Nightfall! They've got no respect."
- "Istan is safe, thanks to you. Thank you just isn't enough. Hug?"
- "Phooey. Shore duty again. So boring. Maybe corsairs will attack...."
- "You're the one who stopped Nightfall. Thank you!"