Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Monks are almost exclusively party support characters, and do not benefit from most of the hostile skills from other professions. Healing and protection Monks often use their secondary profession to benefit from energy management or self-defense skills.
Always remember, when choosing secondary skills, that native skills often have better synergy with the profession's purpose, interact better with the profession's other skills, and benefit from runes.
- During PvP many monks will often use a shield for defensive bonuses from mods. Consider the skill Shield Bash when using this tactic.
- In PvP, several Warrior stances can be useful for blocking
- Natural Stride can be very useful for blocking in PvP
- Smiters often use this secondary to make use of Blood Ritual and/or Blood is Power while being a smiter for a 600.
- The Inspiration Magic line provides a variety of energy management skills.
- Channeling is often used in Heroes' Ascent for energy management.
- Hex Breaker is useful to preemptively protect against hexes in PvP.
- Glyph of Lesser Energy offers energy management for the monk.
- This profession combination provides little benefit for a Monk primary. Ritualist skills do not benefit from Divine Favor, and most protective or healing effects provided by Ritualist skills are easily outpaced by native Monk skills.
- Shadow Arts skills such as Dark Escape for protection from melee damage dealers.
- In PvP monks use skills like Return, Heart of Shadow or Death's Retreat to quickly escape from melee pressure. Return is the preferred choice because it cripples the foe when you teleport to a selected ally.
- Speed boosts like Dash or Dark Escape are common in PvP.
- In Jade Quarry, monks usually use a paragon as a secondary to use IMS on Juggernauts and Hauler Turtles. Monks usually bring "Fall Back!" and/or "Make Haste!".
- "Fall Back!" can sometimes be found on monks in PvP. However, the Assassin or Warrior secondary provide more useful defense.
- This profession combination provides little benefit for a Monk primary.
- Armor of Sanctity for damage reduction can be combined with Mystic Regeneration for some health regeneration (even better with more than one enchantment on you) or Conviction for extra armor.
- Featherfoot Grace for a speed boost that reduces condition durations.
|Secondary professions for ...|
|Warrior • Ranger • Monk • Necromancer • Mesmer • Elementalist • Assassin • Ritualist • Paragon • Dervish|