All items except for collector weapons, quest items, unique items, weapon upgrades, PvP items, and runes can be salvaged for crafting materials. Highly salvageable items provide substantially more materials than other items.
When a player salvages an item containing a rune or upgrade with an Expert or Superior Salvage Kit, the player will be offered a choice to salvage any of the upgrades or materials.
- Should the player choose to salvage an upgrade, the player will always receive the chosen upgrade. However, there is a chance that the item being salvaged will not be destroyed after salvaging. There is a base 50% chance that the item will remain intact, with an additional 3% chance for each rank in the Treasure Hunter and Wisdom titles. At max level Treasure Hunter and Wisdom, there is a 92% chance of the item remaining intact. Some items, such as Hero armor, cannot actually be destroyed by salvaging.
- Should the player choose to salvage materials, there is a chance that the player will receive rare crafting materials instead of common crafting materials. This option will always destroy the item salvaged.
Salvaging can be carried out using the following kits:
(Basic) Salvage KitEdit
The Salvage Kit will only salvage common crafting materials from items. A Salvage Kit cannot retrieve weapon upgrades or runes from an item, nor can it salvage rare crafting materials.
Pre-Searing Ascalon / Shing Jea / Istan
Post-Searing Ascalon / non-starter regions
- 25 Uses
- Cost: 100 (4 per Salvage)
- Cost: 1 Monastery Credit
- Cost: 1 Imperial Commendation
- Cost: 1 Luxon Totem
- Cost: 1 Equipment Requisition
- Cost: 1 Kournan Coin
- Cost: 1 Battle Commendation
- Cost: 3 Vermin Hides at collector Bae Kwon
Note that when bought from Laren, this kit has 10 uses.
Expert Salvage KitEdit
The Expert Salvage Kit is used to salvage weapon upgrades, inscriptions, runes, and insignias from items. In addition, when used to salvage for materials it has a chance of extracting rare crafting materials. There are also Charr Salvage Kits which can be found in Pre-Searing Ascalon off the Charr bosses, which function identically to an expert salvage kit, though with only 5 uses.
- 25 Uses
- Cost: 400 (16 per Salvage)
- Cost from Discount Merchant: 320 (12 per Salvage)
- Cost: 3 Monastery Credits
- Cost: 3 Imperial Commendations
- Cost: 3 Luxon Totems
- Cost: 3 Equipment Requisitions
- Cost: 3 Kournan Coins
- Cost: 3 Battle Commendationss
Superior Salvage KitEdit
The Superior Salvage Kit is functionally the same as the Expert Salvage Kit, but has more uses.
- 100 Uses
- Cost: 2 (20 per Salvage)
- Cost from Discount Merchant: 1 600 (16 per Salvage)
- Cost: 5 Imperial Commendations
- Cost: 5 Luxon Totems
- Cost: 5 Equipment Requisitions
- Cost: 5 Kournan Coins
- Cost: 5 Ancient Artifacts
- Cost: 5 Inscribed Secrets
Perfect Salvage KitEdit
- 5 Uses
- Cost: 250 , 1 Skill Point, 25 Iron Ingots and 25 Wood Planks (Minimum 80 per Salvage, based on Iron Ingot and Wood Plank at 3 each)
- Pokhe in the Great Temple of Balthazar in exchange for 3 Silver Zaishen Coins and 50
Charr Salvage KitEdit
The Charr Salvage Kit is functionally the same as the Expert Salvage Kit, but has only 5 uses.
- 5 Uses
- Cost: Drop Only
- Obtainable from Charr Bosses in Pre-Searing
- As with identification, it is a better deal to buy Expert Salvage Kits for gold, but trade for Superior Kits with quest reward items. Only purchase Superior Kits from merchants if you don't want to shop as often.
- If you are salvaging fast,you will get the 007 error.