Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Red Iris Flower|
Red Iris Flowers grow in Pre-Searing Ascalon and in the Charr Homelands. They can be used to befriend the young Gwen, to exchange for various pre-Searing items, to obtain a Tapestry Shred, and in various EoTN quests related to Gwen.
A fixed number of Red Iris Flowers spawn when you enter an Explorable Area; they can be picked up by any party member. They are plentiful in Pre-Searing Ascalon and somewhat harder to find elsewhere. Each Iris appears randomly within a smaller dropzone of the area, so the flowers can be easy to find once you identify those dropzones.
You can effectively farm Red Iris Flowers in Pre-Searing, by exiting Ashford Abbey and look for the one that appears in Ashford Village (there is always exactly 1), and in Post-Searing by running to Gwen's Garden where there are always exactly 2.
- Pre-Searing Ascalon: Irises appear within all Explorable areas in Pre-Searing Ascalon except The Catacombs. The zones and drop zones are:
- Lakeside County (5): near the stage; in/near the Worm farm; in Ashford Village; along the main river; near the River Drake (at the River's mouth).
- Green Hills County (4): 3 spawn in various places in the meadows east of Barradin's Estate; the fourth spawns to the southeast of the outpost.
- Regent Valley (4): south of the Basket of Apples; near Vencel; near the road east from the western resurrection shrine; near the Statue of Melandru
- Wizard's Folly (5): near the Fishing village; ...
- The Northlands (3): near the Gate; near the east-most bridge (close to Ascalon City); near the most northern Charr mini-altar (due West of the empty Piken Square and just west of the northern bridge)
- Outside Pre-Searing Ascalon: Irises can be found in Charr terriory and near the EoTN outpost:
|Profession||Item Name||Armor||Other Modifiers||Value|
|Warrior||Krytan Helm||27||Item's Attribute +1||3|
|Ranger||Simple Mask||12||Item's Attribute +1||3|
|Monk||Dragon Tattoo||7||Item's Attribute +1||3|
|Necromancer||Ragged Scar Pattern||7||Item's Attribute +1||3|
|Mesmer||Discreet Mask||7||Item's Attribute +1||3|
|Elementalist||Third Eye||7||Item's Attribute +1||3|
|Small Equipment Pack||Holds 5 items||50|
He only gives up to 5 Gifts of the Huntsman per account each day.
- To obtain a Tapestry Shred, you must give Gwen at least one iris after you have obtained her favor.
- To trigger the From the Past dialogue, you must have an Iris (or other Gwen-related item) before speaking with Gwen in the Hall of Monuments.
- This will also allow you to obtain the quest, Fire and Pain.
- Oggy in the Alcazia Tangle will use an iris to impress his sweetheart.
- The quickest place to farm irises in pre-searing is in Lakeside County; you can find the 5 flowers there in less than 5 minutes, if you ignore the mobs. Outside of pre-searing, you can grab the two irises in Gwen's Garden in less than 2 minutes.
- To make it easier to find irises, add a keyboard shortcut to Target Next Item and spam that key when you get close to the iris-spawning part of a zone. Alternatively, using the default keys, keep the [Alt] key pressed as you explore and frequently change the direction you are facing.
- To add a keyboard shortcut, open the Options window (default key: [F11]), switch to the Controls tab, find the command, Target Next Item, press a key (e.g. [PageDown]), and click on the assign button.
- The pre-Searing cost of the the Small Equipment Pack is 50 flowers; the outside-Pre merchant price is 2 500 . Consequently, some players consider the flowers to be worth no more than 50