Area boundary without triggering a transition. Characters use Heart of Shadow or Viper's Defense to bounce off a target (usually a hero) to hop over a portal without zoning.Portal jumping is the act of crossing an
- Allows you to view the ends of the world in a variety of settings.
- In some areas, allows you to explore an explorable area mob free, making it easier to progress the Cartographer title.
- In a very few areas, allows you to reach areas otherwise inaccessible, exposing the map fog, which also helps with cartographic exploration.
- Simple jumping
- Position yourself (and your target) so that you start close to the portal and will step as far away as possible.
- Chained jumps
- Bring heroes with pets, Strike as One, and Serpent's Quickness
- Equip with Recall, HoS and/or Viper's Defense.
- Use recall to stop the pets from wandering.
- After at least two pets have stopped, target the farthest one and have everyone step to it. Maintain recall.
- Repeat until you cannot get the pets any farther across the portal.
- Stop maintaining recall. Cross your fingers.