- "[Solo Quest] In your victory over Yulma you've proven your understanding of Polymock basics, but I'll need to see vast improvement before I take you seriously. I've arranged a match for you against Plurgg, a moderately skilled player. He's at Vlox's Falls.
- Accept: "Plurgg is the sound he'll make when I crush him!"
- Reject: "Who names their kid Plurgg?"
- When asked about quest: "Defeat Plurgg at Vlox's Falls in a game of Polymock!"
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Plurgg)
- "Do you really think you stand a chance at defeating me in Polymock? I could beat you blindfolded with both arms tied behind my back, using my ears to control my pieces."
- Player response: "I wish to play you in a game of Polymock."
- "You will be removed from your party and taken to a Polymock arena to battle Plurgg. Do you wish to proceed?"
- Accept: "Yes."
- Reject: "No."
- "So you defeated Plurgg? Well done. It's time you moved on to some real opponents, my friend! I've tracked down a player who is a master of the elemental Polymock pieces. I think you'll appreciate this challenge."
Talk to Denn if you want to register any further Polymock pieces, then challenge Plurgg to a match. This match occurs in the Polymock Coliseum arena. If you are defeated, simply speak to Plurgg to try again. Once you've defeated him, return to Hoff to claim your reward.
Pieces used by Plurgg are:
Combinations most likely to succeed in beating him:
- Skale → Gargoyle → Ice Imp (if available to player)
- Skale → Fire Imp → Gargoyle
- Gargoyle → Skale → Fire Imp
- Second in a chain of eight quests:
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Yulma
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Plurgg
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Blarp
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Fonk (the next three quests all become available after this quest, but it is suggested completing them in the order shown)
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Grulhammer Silverfist
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Necromancer Volumandus
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Dune Teardrinker
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Master Hoff