- "[Solo Quest] I hope you're wearing comfortable shoes, <name>. You've got quite a walk ahead of you. My protege, Fonk, is touring the north lands attempting to teach those thick-headed Norn barbarians to play Polymock. You can imagine how well that is working out. He's dying for a real challenge and awaits your arrival in Gunnar's Hold. Don't disappoint him."
- Accept: "Fonk is gonna get honked."
- Reject: "With a name like that I bet he was teased as a kid... and has rage issues."
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Fonk)
- "Aside from the grand master himself, I'm the world's greatest Polymock player. I laugh in your face! Ha ha! See? Laughter. Do you dare challenge me?"
- Player response: "I wish to play you in a game of Polymock."
- "You will be removed from your party and taken to a Polymock arena to battle Fonk. Do you wish to proceed?"
- Accept: "Yes."
- Reject: "No."
- "You would not be here unless you had defeated Fonk. I am impressed! I have a feeling we might play against one another in the future."
- Polymock: Defeat Grulhammer Silverfist
- Polymock: Defeat Necromancer Volumandus
- Polymock: Defeat Dune Teardrinker
Talk to Denn if you want to register any further Polymock pieces, then challenge Fonk to a match. This match occurs in the Polymock Glacier arena. If you are defeated, simply speak to Fonk to try again. Once you've defeated him, return to Hoff to claim your reward.
Pieces used by Fonk are:
Combinations most likely to succeed in beating him:
- Gargoyle → Kappa → Skale
- Ice Imp → Kappa → Fire Imp
- Fourth in a chain of eight quests:
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Yulma
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Plurgg
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Blarp
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Fonk (the next three quests all become available after this quest, but it is suggested completing them in the order shown)
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Grulhammer Silverfist
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Necromancer Volumandus
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Dune Teardrinker
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Master Hoff