- Go southwest up the river road until you find skale. Cross the river and find the missing girl Gwen.
- Lead Gwen back to Ciglo the Monk. Gwen will not move as long as the skale are in the way.
- "There's a little girl named Gwen who I'm worried about. She seems to have wandered across the river, and I'm sure she won't make it back through all those skale without some help. Please go lead her back here safely."
- Accept: "I'll go and get her."
- Reject: "Wait, I don't think I'm ready."
- Gwen: "Thanks for killing the monsters! I'll follow you back to the gate."
- "Gwen looks unharmed. That is good enough for me. I believe you can be entrusted with a few skills. May these skills aid you as you seek to bring peace and harmony to the people of Ascalon.
- I will return to the city and inform Sir Tydus of your actions here. If you wish for further guidance, you may wish to talk to Haversdan. I imagine he'll be coming by shortly."
After speaking to Ciglo the Monk, go south-west up the road until you find Gwen. Click on her to hear that the monsters in the river (Skale) are trying to eat her. The Skale are no challenge when dealt with in small groups. Gwen won't follow until all the nearby River Skale Tads are dead. Once you have Gwen following you, go back and talk to Ciglo the Monk for your reward.