Welcome to GuildWars Wikia,
an unofficial fanfic wiki for ArenaNet's Competitive Online RPG, Guild Wars.
Nicholas The Traveler ImpostersEdit
We here at NcSoft have received reports of chracters being ripped off by NPC's claiming to be Nicholas the Traveler. Usually they will be alone in the woods, close to where the real Nicholas will be. They will usually inform you that they are no longer taking the items you have collected, and if you want a gift, it will cost you. These individuals will then inform you that they take cash, and all major forms of credit cards. Plus, they also are requesting your login info, SS#, mother's maiden name, and any other email accounts you may have. Once you have received a gift, the boxes are usually filled with roller beetle dung, and smell quite rancid. Local authorities at the Great Temple of Balthazaar are informing all players that Nicholas will not ask for money or any personal information. If you see these individuals, do not approach them. They may be considered armed and dangerous. Please take note of where and when you have seen them, and report them to the local authorities at once. We here at AreaNet want to remind you: "if there is no yak, there is no traveler."
[add fictional announcement]
Current news Edit
Newly... edited articles, created articles, updated discussions, uploaded images
Game basics Edit
- Guides – Learn from others' experiences and then you shall know "kung fu". As with Kung Fu, you learn more about your mental and physical abilities.
- Interface – What you see on your screen is not white.
- Game mechanics – How damage, energy, health, etc. work. This is GUILD WARS basic style.
- Glossary – A reference for the lingo. you shall know l33t after this.
- Avoid common scams from in-game hustlers. Always remember, the cake is a lie.
Guilds, professions, skills, and gear Edit
- Almost everything, sorted by profession is here.
- The different character classes and their Elites, mental attitudes, and skills.
- The Armor you need, the Runes for the bonuses you desire and your mental attitude improvement.
- Weapons – Upgrade, inscribe, and modify your weapon to help with your kung fu (your physical and mental abilities).
- Unique items – Special gear that you will have to pry from a boss' dead cold hands.
- Items – Miscellaneous Items that can be obtained.
- You will need materials to craft your armor and weapons for your kung fu.
- Consumables – Grant temporary effects to help increase your kung fu.
- Dye your armor and weapons to look cool, but some weapons cannot be dyed.
- Miniatures – Birthday presents and special game awards. This is for the "cuteness" in you.
- Salvage items and Trophies – Loot from your slain foes. "Much Kung Fu, you have."
- Books – Track your kung fu progress throughout the game.
- Guilds – How to create and maintain a Guild full of Kung Fu people like you.
- Alliances – Groups of guilds full of Kung Fu people that have banded together.
- Heroes and Henchmen – Managing NPCs in your party that help your kung fu.
- Titles – Your personal in-game kung fu type achievements. "Way to go!"
- Builds – Combinations of skills and suggestions of Builds are at PvXwiki.
Gameplay types Edit
PvE – Player vs. EnvironmentEdit
PvP – Player vs. PlayerEdit
- The Battle Isles hosts PvP fights and tutorials.
- There are 4 on 4 quick games and 8 on 8 International tournaments.
- 8 on 8 Ladder-based competition between guilds.
- 12 on 12 to conquer new territory for your faction.
- 4 on 4 matches, using limited set of skills that change daily.
- 8 on 8 missions with large numbers of NPCs.
We have 17,347 articles and we could use your help. Edit
- Register to keep track of your contributes here as all are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- Contributes of many kung fu people helps to make the wiki successful.
- See these articles and follow the guidelines for improvement of this wiki's kung fu.
- Recommendation: – Please read our site policy, before you start making contributions.
- Make Suggestions to help us improve our kung fu (our wiki).
- Join us on IRC!