Welcome to GuildWars Wikia,
an unofficial fanfic wiki for ArenaNet's Competitive Online RPG, Guild Wars.
Scraping the Pot Edit
In a last minute effort to keep players interested in Guild Wars, NCSoft decided to up the ante and make all players mercenaries without having to pay for the option. Once you register yourself as a mercenary, all other players will be given the choice to add you and and all other registered players into their party. The only trick to this is, if you pick Killer Beekilled for example, they will be added into your party with whatever skills they have on at the time. Call it a pot luck of sorts. If a player is set to be a tank and you wanted damage, you are out of luck for a minimum of 30 minutes. You cannot kick them and add someone else unless a half hour has expired or until you successfully complete a mission or vanquish. Let us hope no one is sitting there with a skill bar full of resurrects waiting to be chosen!
[add fictional announcement]
Current news Edit
Newly... edited articles, created articles, updated discussions, uploaded images
Game basics Edit
- Guides – Learn from others' experiences and then you shall know "kung fu". As with Kung Fu, you learn more about your mental and physical abilities.
- Interface – What you see on your screen is not white.
- Game mechanics – How damage, energy, health, etc. work. This is GUILD WARS basic style.
- Glossary – A reference for the lingo. you shall know l33t after this.
- Avoid common scams from in-game hustlers. Always remember, the cake is a lie.
Guilds, professions, skills, and gear Edit
- Almost everything, sorted by profession is here.
- The different character classes and their Elites, mental attitudes, and skills.
- The Armor you need, the Runes for the bonuses you desire and your mental attitude improvement.
- Weapons – Upgrade, inscribe, and modify your weapon to help with your kung fu (your physical and mental abilities).
- Unique items – Special gear that you will have to pry from a boss' dead cold hands.
- Items – Miscellaneous Items that can be obtained.
- You will need materials to craft your armor and weapons for your kung fu.
- Consumables – Grant temporary effects to help increase your kung fu.
- Dye your armor and weapons to look cool, but some weapons cannot be dyed.
- Miniatures – Birthday presents and special game awards. This is for the "cuteness" in you.
- Salvage items and Trophies – Loot from your slain foes. "Much Kung Fu, you have."
- Books – Track your kung fu progress throughout the game.
- Guilds – How to create and maintain a Guild full of Kung Fu people like you.
- Alliances – Groups of guilds full of Kung Fu people that have banded together.
- Heroes and Henchmen – Managing NPCs in your party that help your kung fu.
- Titles – Your personal in-game kung fu type achievements. "Way to go!"
- Builds – Combinations of skills and suggestions of Builds are at PvXwiki.
Gameplay types Edit
PvE – Player vs. EnvironmentEdit
PvP – Player vs. PlayerEdit
- The Battle Isles hosts PvP fights and tutorials.
- There are 4 on 4 quick games and 8 on 8 International tournaments.
- 8 on 8 Ladder-based competition between guilds.
- 12 on 12 to conquer new territory for your faction.
- 4 on 4 matches, using limited set of skills that change daily.
- 8 on 8 missions with large numbers of NPCs.
We have 17,345 articles and we could use your help. Edit
- Register to keep track of your contributes here as all are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- Contributes of many kung fu people helps to make the wiki successful.
- See these articles and follow the guidelines for improvement of this wiki's kung fu.
- Recommendation: – Please read our site policy, before you start making contributions.
- Make Suggestions to help us improve our kung fu (our wiki).
- Join us on IRC!