A location is a broad and generic term used by this wiki to describe a named place or area within the Guild Wars world.
Types of location Edit
On the whole, the term location is synonymous to the term Zone, although it can be used in a broader sense. For example, a Landmark is not strictly a Zone as they are located within a Zone, but can be considered a location as it is a named place.
Lists of locations Edit
- The following pages list locations according to the campaign they belong to:
- Maps has links to many maps
An indented item is an item of the type it is indented under; it follows that everything listed is a location.
The list order is (roughly) large to small.
- World — Tyria
- Continent — made of regions, corresponds to one or more campaign
- Region — usually encompasses several zones
- Zone — displays a loading screen when you enter
- Staging area — allows party formation, does not allow combat, can have districts
- Combat area — has instances, allows combat
- Landmark — usually located within a zone, usually not named on the map
- Command Post is an explorable area that does not allow combat, because there are no enemies.
- Fortress of Jahai is a landmark named on the World Map.
- Ascalon City, Chahbek Village and D'Alessio Seaboard have combat, but the player can't participate.
- The staging areas in pre-searing Ascalon have no henchmen and no Xunlai.
- When in town, double-click to eat means you can use that consumable in any staging area.