- Acquire a bear pelt. Many bears can be found in Wizard's Folly.
- Take the bear pelt to Alison the Tanner in Ashford.
- Go to Barradin's Estate in Green Hills County and deliver the cloak to Little Thom.
- "Little Thom has ordered a bearskin cloak, but I don't have a good bear pelt from which to make it. If you can find me a pelt, Little Thom will make it worth your while. Southwest of Ashford is a place called Wizard's Folly, and I understand bear hunting is good down there. What do you say?"
- Accept: "Sounds like a challenge, but I think I can handle it."
- Reject: "Sorry, I don't think this is the right job for me."
Intermediate Dialogue (Alison the Tanner)
- "Ah, that's a lovely pelt. Wait here, please.
- All right, here's Little Thom's Cloak. Can you take it to him?"
- "Ah, my bearskin cloak at last! 'Tis lovely, isn't it? You took this pelt, did you? I'd have slain the beast me ownself, but I tend to be a bit heavy-handed, so I do. Each time I kill a bear, I cleave it so mightily that the pelt is ruined! Har har!"
To obtain a bear pelt go either to Regent Valley or Wizard's Folly and kill Black Bears until you get one. The bears drop bear pelts even if you don't have this quest so remember to save one of those you get if you haven't done this quest yet.
After you have obtained a pelt, return to Alison who will craft it into a cloak. Deliver the cloak to Little Thom in the Barradin Estate to receive your reward.