(click to enlarge)
The monument in Nahpui Quarter reads:
The Turtle Dragon, the eternal paradox.
Kuonghsang was a wizened old sage who spent his days dispensing helpful advice and delivering messages to and from the spirit realm. When the emperor's daughter took sick with an unknown illness, Kuonghsang consulted with the spirits. After gathering their advice, he returned to his emperor's side, relaying all that he had learned. Convinced of Kuongsang's advice, the emperor ordered the death of the oldest daughter of every household, and when it was done, he looked to his own daughter, sure she would be healthy once more. Instead, he found her cold body lying in her bed. It did not take Kuongsang long to realize he had misinterpreted the riddles of the spirits. In grief and shame, he took the emperor's sword and cut off his own head.
- The dialogue spelled Kuonghsang with a missing 'h' twice. It is not known which was meant as the correct spelling.
- In the English version of the game, the name is spelled in two words, Quon Sang, during the entry cinematic.
- Even though this boss does not have a visible Boss Aura, you can still capture the elite skill from it.
- Kuonghsang is likely Guild Wars' equivalent of the Chinese Black Tortoise (popularized by Japanese entertainment as Genbu), the symbol of the northern constellations.
- Kyŏngsang is a province in the southeast of South Korea.