|The Black Curtain|
(click to enlarge)
Area Name: Kessex Peak
General Description: Kessex Peak is an explorable area in the center of the Kingdom of Kryta. It is south of the lower-level northern Kryta region and north of the higher-level southern Kryta region. It is a high-level area itself with monsters ranging between 17-20 in level. It starts at the northern side with low poisonous swamp land then the terrain gradually rises towards a peak at the southernmost tip. South of the peak, floating in mid-air is a magnificent Wizard's Tower.
Exits / Neighbour Areas
- North: The Black Curtain
- (26) Fog Nightmare
- (25) Reed Stalker
- (25) Ancient Oakheart
- (25) Spined Aloe
- Bandits (only if The Villainy of Galrath quest is taken)
- (26) Fen Troll
- (25) Forest Minotaur
- (26) Hill Giant
Cult of Verata
- Cult Leaders:
- Cult Followers:
- 20 Galrath: On top of the peak (only if The Villainy of Galrath quest is taken)
- 24 Morg Pebblebound: in the southeast corner of the map
- 24 Plog Hamfist: Just past the swampy areas near the entrance
- 24 Liam Shanglui: On top of the peak (only if The Villainy of Galrath quest is not taken)
- 24 Samira Dhulnarim: On top of the peak
- 24 Tachi Forvent: On top of the peak
- 24 Verata: On top of the peak (only if The Villainy of Galrath quest is not taken)
- 28 Murk Darkshriek: In the swampy areas near the entrance
- 28 Justiciar Marron: Boss with Toxic Chill (elite)
- Lionguard Gariol: By the entrance.
- Divine Healing from Liam Shanglui (not available before Port Sledge).
- Light of Dwayna from Liam Shanglui (not available before Marhan's Grotto).
- Animate Bone Fiend from Verata (not available before The Forgotten Ones quest at Destiny's Gorge).
- Verata's Aura from Verata (not available before Copperhammer Mines).
- Verata's Gaze from Verata (not available before Copperhammer Mines).
- Verata's Sacrifice from Verata (not available before Copperhammer Mines).
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.1% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- This area has only one resurrection shrine.
- Snares help defeat Tachi, who frequently kites and slows your team with Imagined Burden
- Minion Master caution: The Apprentices cast Verata's Gaze; they can quickly take over your own allies.
- You can weaken (and often defeat) Verata and his Shepherds using ranged attacks and skills; stand near the bottom of the the cult's base (marked by yellow dot on the map to the right).
- You can build up your Morale by repeatedly defeating Rage Maulhoof in The Black Curtain: the minotaur boss is located next to the Kessex Peak portal. Kill him, zone/rezone, and repeat until the entire party is at 10%.
- To receive credit for the Vanquisher title track in this area you must defeat 168-202 monsters in Hard Mode.
- The number of cultists (and bosses) is reduced by approximately 20 foes if Villainy of Galrath is active.