This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Kanaxai is the final boss in the Luxon elite mission The Deep. Unlike most monsters, defeating Kanaxai takes quite a lot of tactics. At 80%, 60%, 40%, and 20% health, Kanaxai becomes invincible (but can still have health stolen via spells such as Insidious Parasite). To continue dealing conventional damage at this point, you need to succesfully knockdown Kanaxai. With each knockdown, a mob of 8 Sapping Nightmares will appear. If the spawned Nightmares are not killed, they will appear only in the two first knock downs.
Defeating Kanaxai spawns a chest that each player can use. This chest spawns one inscribable rare item or one of Kanaxai's unique weapons. This chest also spawns three Jadeite Shards and one Demonic Summoning Stone.
Kanaxai's Unique Weapons
While in hard mode, Kanaxai's chest drops two Unique/Rare items and six Jadeite Shards for each player.
- Kanaxai and his Oni are the only confirmed Demons outside of The Mists besides those summoned in Nightfall.
- Miniature Kanaxai is currently the rarest mini in the game available to players: no more than 27 of them ever existed in Guild Wars, and an unknown number has been removed from the game due to account banning.
- This green rarity mini was given out as a reward for the following:
- Guild Wars Championship in Japan #1 team (up to 8 members)
- Taiwan region Nightfall title contest prizes (6 were given)
- Taiwan region friend introduction event prizes (12 were given)
- 1st prize in the Wintersday 2007 Art Contest.