Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Inquisitor Bauer is a member of the White Mantle, and according to the Guild Wars Lore, in charge of conducting investigations leading to discovering Shining Blade encampments and supporters.
- North Kryta Province
- Scoundrel's Rise
Quest involved in
- Angorodon's Gaze
- Barbed Signet
- Gaze of Contempt
- Oppressive Gaze
- Ravenous Gaze (elite)
- Vampiric Gaze
- Gaze of Fury
During Wanted: Inquisitor Bauer /:
- Enfeebling Blood
- Weaken Armor
- Weaken Knees (elite)
- Well of Silence
- "Find Their Weakness!"
- "Never Surrender!"
- "There's not enough time!!"
North Kryta Province
- Inquisitor Bauer: DAMN IT, we don't have time for this! Tell me where the Shining Blade is hiding.
- Farmer Dirk: I don't know anything! I'm just a simple hog farmer!
- Inquisitor Bauer: You're going to tell me what I want to know. It's just a question of how much it's going to hurt you.
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Careful boss, you can't keep killing all of our leads...
- Inquisitor Bauer: Don't question my methods!
- Inquisitor Bauer: That sure is a nice pig you have there. If you tell me what you know, I'll make sure nothing bad happens to him.
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Ummm... Boss?
- Inquisitor Bauer: Don't interrupt me while I'm interrogating a suspect!
- Peacekeeper Marksman: But...don't those guys over there look kind of familiar?
- Inquisitor Bauer: I don't have time to follow your ignorant hunches, I'm a professional!
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Uhhh... Ok, you're the boss...
- Inquisitor Bauer: Do you see this pine cone? Do you know what I could do to you with with this pine cone?
- Peacekeeper Enforcer: Mmmmphy eees ellphin ehh ruuuph.
- Inquisitor Bauer: What? I can't understand a word you are saying! Why don't you take that stupid thing out of your mouth!?
- Peacekeeper Marksman: He said "Maybe he's telling the truth." He has a point... maybe this farmer doesn't know anything.
- Inquisitor Bauer: Impossible! Look, farmer, tell me what you know or things are going to start getting messy!
- Farmer Dirk: Fine, fine... the Shining Blade is hiding in... umm...
- Inquisitor Bauer: Out with it! We're running out of time!
- Farmer Dirk: They're in Scoundrel's Rise! Yeah, that's it! I mean... where else would scoundrels like them be?
- Inquisitor Bauer: Of course! You men stay behind and see if you can get any more information.
- Inquisitor Bauer: I'm going to Nebo Terrace to gather my "interrogation supplies" so I can be first to reach the traitor's camp.
- Inquisitor Bauer: I need to get there with haste! I don't want my suspects pre-beaten when I start my work!
- (Inquisitor Bauer runs off)
- Peacekeeper Marksman: So what do you people know about the Shining Blade?
- <Player Name>: The Shining who? Never heard of them.
- Peacekeeper Enforcer: mrrrmph ummmph huphin braaph?
- Peacekeeper Marksman: I agree, my hulking accomplice. Perhaps we should jog their memory.
- (All Peacekeepers turn hostile and attack you)
- Camryn Jamison [Collector]: Like I said to the others, "A Shining Blade camp? Around here? Ridiculous!"
- Inquisitor Bauer: Impossible. I have infallible intelligence that proves the Shining Blade is working out of this area!
- Peacekeeper Enforcer: Ummph emphaaarrool eemmph?
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Don't worry, I don't think he knows what infallible means either...
- Camryn Jamison [Collector]: Look, this entire area is infested with Skale and Mergoyles. Even the Shining Blade wouldn't set up in the middle of that.
- Inquisitor Bauer: Dammit!
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Don't worry boss, you can't be right all the time...
- Inquisitor Bauer: No, you idiot! Clearly this means the Shining Blade have forged an alliance with the Skale and Mergoyles!
- Inquisitor Bauer: We'll need to interrogate the beasts one at a time. Hop to it!
- Peacekeeper Marksman: But... they can't talk!
- Inquisitor Bauer: Ha! The great Inquisitor Bauer can make anyone, or anything, talk!
- Camryn Jamison [Collector]: Is this guy serious?
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Honestly I don't... wait... Boss, there! Shining Blade operatives!
- Inquisitor Bauer: Ah ha! You thought you could hide among your beastly allies. No one hides from Inquisitor Bauer.
- <Player Name>: Blast! You know of the great Mergoyle accord. The rest of the White Mantle cannot know about this.
- Inquisitor Bauer: Take them alive. Start with these insolent fools!
(Entire group turns hostile and attacks you)
- Inquisitor Bauer: Dammit, we don't have time for this. I need back-up!
(Inquisitor Bauer runs off)