Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Warning: The following text contains spoilers relating to the plot of the Prophecies Campaign.
The Heroes of Ascalon is a group of adventurers who are the main characters of the Lore of Guild Wars (in both the website and the game manual). The name Heroes of Ascalon is not ascribed by ArenaNet nor is it used in-game, it is a label formed by the wiki to refer to them. They are:
With the exception of Aidan (who was born in the Shiverpeaks), the Heroes were born in Ascalon and began their story defending their nation. They are initially encountered as NPCs for the first half of Prophecies, and are found as henchmen for the bulk of all three campaigns. The story of the Heroes of Ascalon follows that of any other Tyrian-born character, progressing through the following stages:
- In Pre-Searing, they are considered promising young heroes and Aidan and Mhenlo are trainers for their professions.
- Following the Searing, they appear as champions of Ascalon leading the desperate fight against the Charr.
- After the fall of Rin, they migrate with Ascalons who followed Prince Rurik over the Northern Shiverpeaks into Kryta.
- In Kryta, they help Ascalons settle there, and then help the White Mantle.
- They re-appear in the Crystal Desert seeking Ascension themselves.
- They join the fight against the Mursaat in the Southern Shiverpeaks and the Ring of Fire Islands as henchmen. Eve officially joins them here.
- In the Factions Campaign, Mhenlo is summoned to Cantha, and the other four (including Eve) accompanied him.
- In the Nightfall Campaign, all five heroes return with Kormir when she goes to Tyria seeking help.
Note: Devona, Cynn and Aidan appear in the opening cutscene of the first installment of Guild Wars.