Week starting 2010-08-30: Hardened Humps
- Item: Hardened Humps
- Nebo Terrace
- Up to 17 Gypsie Ettins can be found around Nebo Village: a group of 2 near the Statue of Dwayna to the south (will often aggro on the nearby tengu); a group of 3 (sometimes including the boss Glutt Wallop) to the north; and 4 groups of 1–3 to the west. A short walk from either Beetletun or Bergen Hot Springs will get you to the ettin's range, although you'll have to fight through some mergoyles, tengu, and/or undead on the way. Use the portal to North Kryta Province to rezone in order to avoid having to repeatedly fight through the other monsters.
- North Kryta Province
- A few ettin can be found just east of the Ascalon Settlement. This is not a very efficient farming location, as they are too far away from a portal for quick rezoning.
- Places to avoid
Divinity's Coast and D'Alessio Seaboard are impractical farming locations: you have to complete at least half the mission before finding any ettins.
Threats & recommended skills
- Threats: Skills that block attacks are not useful since Gypsie Ettins use Irresistible Blow, which causes knockdown when blocked.
- Tactics: As Gypsie Ettins are melee fighters, anti-melee tactics are recommended. Also, consider interrupting the ettin's Healing Signet.
- Recommended skills: Skills that deal damage when a foe attacks, like Empathy or Spiteful Spirit, should work well. Skills that increase armor, like Physical Resistance, are also useful.
See above for the most common solo builds.
- a 55 strategy relying on Shield of Judgment will not work as Shield of Judgment is unable to kill the Ettins. Try using arcane echo and Ray of Judgment. It takes 3 consecutive uses of RoJ to kill the ettins.
- The Caromi Tengu Wild have Shatter Enchantment, so bring a suitable cover enchantment or don't have any enchantments up when running past them.
- [Build Name]
- Build code, link to PvX, or description. (No need to mention 55 Monk, Terra Tank, Spirit Spammer, or 130 Dervish *unless* (a) the build won't work or (b) there are additional notes for the farms above.) Add any tactics notes, if different from above.