This article chronicles questions that people frequently ask on the GuildWiki.
Very often, players will come to this wiki with issues like:
- "I can't connect to Guild Wars!"
- "So-and-so is being vulgar in chat."
- "I have an idea for Guild Wars."
- "I found a bug in Guild Wars."
- "Someone scammed me out of all my money!"
Unfortunately, we cannot help you with any in-game issues. We are a simple fansite and are not in any way affiliated with ArenaNet, the creators of Guild Wars. Some issues you can report using the in-game /report command, including vulgar language.
Where are my pages?
As discussed here, from time to time we delete userpages that are outdated by two years or more. If you want your pages back, please ask any administrator to undelete them for you. Tip: You might want to check over on guildwiki.org first whether that's worth it.
If you do not want your stuff deleted, just make an edit once a year or so.
Creating and maintaining content on GuildWiki
"What's this whole wiki thing, anyway?"
If you have a question about article formatting, Wikia, or wikis in general, you'll probably find your answer in the shared Wikia help section. Some specific topics that are often asked about include:
- How do I create an account? (and other basic information)
- How do I create a new page?
- How do I edit a page?
- How do I rename / move a page?
- How do I format an article? (aka "What's with all the funny symbols?")
- How do I make a fancy signature? (also see our signature policy on what you can and can't do in your signature)
- How do I upload / display an image? (also see our image use policy)
"How do I submit my own build?"
"How do I make a page for my guild?"
"There's something wrong on (some article). Please fix it!"
We encourage users of the wiki to be bold in adding information to the wiki and correcting information they think is incorrect. If you're not sure about how it should be corrected, though, click on the "discussion" tab on the article, then on the "+" tab to start a new thread on the article's talkpage about it.
"Someone vandalized (some article). Please fix it!"
"How do I delete an article or image?"
"What if my question is not answered here??"
If you can't find your question here, especially if it's a non-Guild Wars question, please search the Wikia Help wiki. If your question is about a specific article, post it on the article's discussion page. Otherwise, you can ask new questions at the request assistance page. For current community topics , you could also check the forum.