Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Longeye's Ledge, Dalada Uplands,|
(click to enlarge)
Grothmar Wardowns is an Explorable Area in the Charr Homelands. It is bordered on the west by the slopes of the Far Shiverpeaks, and on the east by a lake with an odd island in the middle that many believe to be the Dragon Kralkatorrik. Between these two, the terrain is mostly open plains, with the exception of a forested valley that takes up much of the south-eastern quarter that is infested with Mantids, a number of steep hills in the Northwest, including a valley that the Charr have used to set up a base, and a river running south to north through the western portion of the Downs.
Towns and Outposts
- West: Longeye's Ledge
- South: Ooze Pit
- 20 Cain Sentor
- 20 Vael after completing Single Ugly Grawl Seeks Same for Mindless Destruction in Ascalon
- 20 (26) Stonewolf
- Great beast
- 20 (26) Carrion Feeder
- Captain Langmar: Failure to Communicate
- Captain Langmar: The Smell of Titan in the Morning
- Captain Langmar: The Imploding Past
- Captain Langmar: The Assassin's Revenge
- Captain Langmar: Plan A
- Captain Langmar: Forbidden Fruit
- Captain Langmar: Special Ops: Flame Temple Corridor
- Captain Langmar: Special Ops: Grendich Courthouse
- Captain Langmar: Special Ops: Dragon's Gullet
- Pyre Fierceshot: The Dawn of Rebellion (Primary Vanguard Quest)
- Vael: Be Very, Very Quiet...
- Vanguard Helmet: Against the Charr (Primary Vanguard Quest)
- Vanquishers must defeat 207-244 monsters in this area.
- Completing Against the Charr will spawn you in the central garrison, but the foes that normally spawn therein, including Chaelse Flameshielder, will be absent. This can be accomplished quickly by having a speedbooker run the quest for you, although you will only have 7 party members to vanquish with after the speedbooker leaves.
- It is highly considered much easier if you take the Siege Devourer from Dalada Uplands and take out at first Chaelse Flameshielder and his mobs to see if you are able to actually vanquish this area, because this is by far the hardest part of the area to vanquish.
- The Charr groups here patrols a lot in several direction and stop at points where sometimes other charr groups also stop/travel, making it very difficult to defeat them. Make sure you to take out one group at a time without aggroing another one.
- A good tactic is to bring Frozen Soil, and spawn it each time you encounter a group of charr with a Charr Mender and/or Charr Prophet, and then target them with the Siege Devourer his Devourer Siege, as they always clump together this makes it a very fast wipe of their party without being able to resurrect.
- The Siege Devourer can be subdued and then ridden, and you can take it into either of the adjoining areas, Dalada Uplands and Sacnoth Valley. The devourer cannot be taken into the quest Against the Charr, although you will still control it after completing the quest.
- While travelling through Grothmar Wardowns, a few dialogue boxes appear from an unknown voice. These are signs that Vael is nearby.
- A whisper on the wind: Hero...I know you...
- A rustle in the bushes: Your deeds are known to me...
- A fleeting shadow: Your troubles...my own...
- Signs of a battle between the Ebon Vanguard and the Charr can be found in western part of this area.
- A pile of Tattered Vanguard Clothing lies by the northern bridge.
- An Old Campfire smolders near the southwest resurrection shrine.
- A Fallen Vanguard Soldier can be found near the southern bridge.
- After completion of Against the Charr, the central garrison will hold three Grawl Allies prisoner instead of Pyre Fierceshot.