Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Goren is a Warrior Hero available in Guild Wars Nightfall. A slow, solid, dependable bodyguard who makes up for what he lacks in wits with an ironclad devotion. He was in the employ of Prince Bokka the Magnificent as a bodyguard.
From the official website and manual:
- Dedicated Bodyguard
- "The prince likes to give orders. I like to take orders. It's a good life."
- Goren is big. Goren is strong. Goren is really, really good at sprinting into battle. Unfortunately, Goren isn't exactly the sharpest blade in the armory. He understands everyday conversation, and he can carry out simple commands – particularly sentences with the words "hit" and "smash" in them – but the finer philosophical passages of the Flameseeker Prophecies will remain eternally outside his comprehension. Eager for work, Goren has found employment working as the bodyguard of Prince Bokka the Magnificent. Money and influence don't mean much to him, though. Loyalty does.
Any character that selects Goren for Brains or Brawn must instead complete the Nightfall campaign by finishing the Abaddon's Gate mission, then accept and complete the quest Gain Goren, given by Goren in the Throne of Secrets.
Missions and Quests
- R indicates that Goren must be in the party
Missions Involved In
Quests Involved In
- Greed and Regret
- Brains or Brawn
- Goren's Stuff: Part 2 R
- Scorched Earth R
- Valley of the Rifts R
- In Defense of Theatre R
- Bokka Amphitheatre (during the quest All's Well That Ends Well)
- Dasha Vestibule (mission)
- Holdings of Chokhin (during the early parts of Greed and Regret)
- Resplendent Makuun (before completion of Brains or Brawn)
- The Mirror of Lyss (during the later parts of Greed and Regret)
- Tihark Orchard (mission)
- Realm of Torment
Goren starts with basic Vabbian Armor.
See also: Goren/Armor Gallery
In most Vabbi areas:
- "The boss says to stand here and guard. I better not move or he'll get angry."
- "Wait, what? Oh! Hi! Did you need protection? Want me to hit something? Need a backrub? Whatever you want, boss. Prince Bokka said I was the best bodyguard to ever work for him. But I think he just said that because he wasn't dead. I mean, I guess that's good, right?
During the Dasha Vestibule mission:
- "I hope Prince Bokka will be happy to see me."
In Throne of Secrets:
- "Ahai, hero! I want to be just like you!"
A hero's idle quote changes as the player progresses along the primary quests and missions:
- "I think, after the end of the world, I'm going to ask Margrid to go out with me. Do you think she will say yes?"
- "They attacked the temple of Lyssa? That's like eating a kitten… it's just plain wrong! No one should ever do that! Ever!"
- "Evil, beware. We have wurms!"
- "Here we go, hunting Elder wurms. And then, we have to eat them. This is the weirdest quest we've ever gone on."
- "Time to go to the Gate of Fear. They need us there."
- "I swore I was going to beat Abaddon up. I'm going to make good on that promise."
After completing Nightfall:
- "I gotta warn ya...I think that other guy's kind of slow."
- "Balthazar bless my weapon!"
- "For justice! And truth! And… stuff!"
- "Here we go again!"
- "Hey! He actually hit me!"
- "Hey, that's cheating!"
- "Ow! Hey! That's not fair!"
- "Ow! Ow! Ow!"
- "These are fists of mass destruction you're facing, bub!"
- "Villains! You face Goren!"
- "Whoa-oh! Surprise move! Bonus round!"
- "You think that hurt? Try this!"
- "Your wave of evil crashes on the shores of Goren!"
- A duplicate Goren will show up as a "Vabbian Warrior".
- The name Goren might be a reference on the Gorons, a race in the Legend of Zelda series who, like Goren himself, are very strong but dim-witted (although, unlike Goren, they are merely simple and absent-minded rather than unintelligent).
- His quote, "That's like eating a kitten... it's just plain wrong! No one should ever do that! Ever!", is a clear reference to a quote from the Tick, another big, stupid protagonist.
- His quote "Evil beware, we have Wurms!" may possibly be a reference to the animated television series of Teen Titans. There was an episode where Cyborg fitted a waffle iron in the control room, to which Raven responded with "Evil beware, we have waffles."
- His quote "Hoo-ah" is a reference to the United States Army slang term Hooah.
- His quote "For justice! And truth! And… stuff!" is a quote from the movie Superman Returns
|Goren • Koss Acolyte Jin • Margrid the Sly Dunkoro • Tahlkora Master of Whispers • Olias Norgu|
Acolyte Sousuke • Zhed Shadowhoof Zenmai Razah Melonni General Morgahn