- Find a ship willing to carry a passenger to Ascalon.
- Seek out Captain Joran in Wajjun Bazaar.
- See Bryan for your reward.
- "After the Charr invaded Ascalon, I fled to Cantha with my family. We were just starting to settle into our new life when this horrible plague swept through the city. My wife and children all succumbed to it, and now I am all alone. Some nights, my grief is just too great to bear, and I wish I would just die. But I don't want to die in this place. I want to go home... to Ascalon. Please, go down to Bejunkan Pier and see if there are any ships willing to take me to Ascalon."
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Armian)
- "Someone requires passage to Ascalon, huh? Well, I don't know if we can take him all the way, but we're leaving port and heading to Lion's Arch with the next tide. I recommend you find Captain Joran, who's at Wajjun Bazaar on some business. The final decision is his to make."
Intermediate Dialogue 2 (Captain Joran)
- "An Ascalon looking for passage back home? I can help, but he'll have to earn his keep. I won't tolerate useless hands aboard the Sea Swift. Tell him to meet me at the docks, and I'll see to it that he gets as far as Lion's Arch. He'll have to make his way from there to Ascalon himself."
- "You found me passage to Lion's Arch? That's wonderful! It might not be Ascalon, but it's halfway there! You have my gratitude."
Head north from Kaineng Center to Bejunkan Pier, and speak to Armian. He'll tell you that the decision is Captain Joran's, so go to Wajjun Bazaar and speak to him. He'll approve the passage and you can return to Bryan and tell him the good news. Make sure you do not have Chasing Zenmai active at the same time as finishing this quest, or else Bryan will most likely come to a sticky end when the Am Fah spawn.