Update - Wednesday, December 2, 2009
- Fixed a crash bug.
- Fixed the URL for requesting a password reset.
Update - Tuesday, December 8, 2009
- Updated Automated Tournament map rotations.
Update - Thursday, December 10, 2009
- Fixed a crash bug.
Update - Thursday, December 17, 2009
Can you feel that crisp chill in the air? It's that time of year when the cities of Tyria shine like beacons with festive decor, and the gods Dwayna and Grenth fight over who will control the weather during the coming months. Holiday vendors sell seasonal treats, and the air is full of snowballs and the sound of laughter. Wintersday is almost here!
- Preparations have been made for Wintersday 2009.
- Holiday quests are now available throughout the land.
- Players can enter PvP Snowball Fights by speaking with Wintersday Priests.
- 8v8 ATS-style Snowball Tournaments are accessible through guild halls.
- Grenth and Dwayna costumes are available for purchase from the In-Game Store and the NCsoft Store.
- Costume slots have been added to the Character panel.
- Hats given by Festival Hat NPCs have been updated to work with the new costume slots.
- For more details about costumes and costume slots, see the costume gameplay article.
Snow Fighting Skill Updates
- Avalanche (skill): reduced activation time to 3/4 second; reduced Cripple duration to 7 seconds.
- Avatar of Dwayna (snow fighting skill): increased Health gain to 30 per skill; reduced activation time to 1 second.
- Avatar of Grenth (snow fighting skill): increased Health stolen to 15 per skill; reduced activation time to 1 second.
- Flurry of Ice: increased damage to 50 per snowball.
- Holiday Blues: reduced Health sacrifice to 50%; reduced effect duration to 30 seconds; increased activation time to 1 second; increased recharge time to 45 seconds.
- Icicles: increased recharge time to 25 seconds.
- Side Step: increased Health gain to 250; increased recharge time to 25 seconds.
- Steady Aim: this skill is now a Shout; removed activation time; reduced recharge time to 5 seconds.
- Yellow Snow: this skill is now a Preparation; reduced casting time to 3/4 second; increased recharge time to 12 seconds.
- Side Step has been removed from the following creatures and character:
Snowball Fight Updates
- Dwayna vs Grenth 4v4: increased Gamer point reward to 15 per win.
- Dwayna vs Grenth 8v8 (Automated Tournament): increased Gamer point reward to 40 per win; increased Candy Cane Shards to 7 per win.
Update - Friday, December 18, 2009
- Fixed a bug that prevented guild capes from displaying in the Guild Emblemer UI.
Update - Monday, December 21, 2009
- Log-in screen now contains additional security to protect players from unauthorized access.
- Removed collision from the Adept of Whispers and Whispers Informant in Stygian Vale [sic].
- Fixed a bug that caused the Zaishen Menagerie UI to improperly label White Jingle Moa.
- The "additional security" mentioned is a new security question at the login screen requiring you to enter the name of a character on the account.
- The Guild Wars servers were temporarily shut down before this update. Some clients that were open disconnected the user from the server and showed error 58 while trying to reconnect.
Update - Tuesday, December 22, 2009
- Added support for "-character" command line argument, allowing players to automatically fill the security question field in the client.
Update - Thursday, December 31, 2009
- Reset servers in preparation for Wintersday finale.