Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
2009-09-21: Frostfire Fangs
Getting to Nick
Nicholas the Traveler is located close to both Ice Tooth Cave and Frost Gate. The path from the cave is much easier, as you don't have to confront a horde of foes after exiting. However, none of the enemies are high level, so only low level parties will notice.
Farming for Frostfire Fangs
- Suggested Farm #1: It's easier to farm the dryders in Iron Horse Mine because there are more of them closer together, the bosses are nearby, there are few non-dryder foes, and there is only a small amount of backtracking. To reach Iron Horse Mine, exit Ice Cave and turn right, heading due east. You'll encounter mostly minotaurs and a few dryders. Once in Iron Horse, follow the indicated path (which avoids the large clumps of Stone Summit Dwarves).
Threats & Recommended Skills
- Tactics: The dryders attack at range using degenerative skills, so it helps to have a party that can attack at distance. This week's enemy doesn't come in big groups, so it's hard to over-aggro unless you run into the dwarves.
- Threats: Degenerative hexes, especially from a few of the bosses. However, as even they are only L12, only low level groups are seriously threatened.
- Recommended Skills: any distance attacks work well. AoE damage is not very useful, since the dryders rarely clump together.
- This is another good week to try your hand at solo farming, as nearly any L20 character should be able to manage. Bring at least one spammable healing or regenerative skill plus distance attacks.
- For veteran soloists, any build will work fine; those that depend on AoE damage will work (they just won't be as fast).