Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about the item type named focus. For the specific pre-Searing item of the same name, see Focus (Focus Item).|
Focus items are secondary weapons (sometimes called simply "focuses/foci" or "offhands") that increase the equipped character's maximum energy by +3 to +12 (with the sole exception of the Flute, which gives +1 energy). They may also have other modifiers. Like all weapons, middle to high end focus items have minimum requirements from 7 to 13 in a certain attribute for the primary stat (i.e. energy).
Relationship of energy bonus and requirement
Focus items with attribute requirements of 0 may have an energy bonus of up to +6. Focuses with the maximum energy bonus of +12 may have an attribute requirement as low as 7. All maximum energy collector, crafter, and unique focuses have an attribute requirement of 9. If a character's rank in the required attribute is less than the requirement, the character will not receive the full energy bonus. How much of a partial bonus is still being tested - it was previously believed that blue/green foci give +3 energy and purple/gold foci give +6, but for whatever reason there are some gold foci which give only +3 and some blue foci that give +6.
Focus item types
Please consult our visual gallery or see them listed by campaign below.
Core (all campaigns)
- Inscribed Chakram* (Domination Magic)
- Jeweled Chakram* (Illusion Magic)
- Jeweled Chalice* (Inspiration Magic)
- Earth Scroll (Earth Magic)
- Flame Artifact* (Fire Magic)
- Frost Artifact (Water Magic)
- Storm Artifact (Air Magic)
Miscellaneous Low-Energy Foci
- Bleached Skull (C) (Soul Reaping or Death Magic)
- Blood Knife (C) (Blood Magic)
- Bone Idol (C) - (Curses or Soul Reaping)
- Communing Focus (Communing)
- Ceremonial Cauldron (Spawning Power)
- Channeling Focus (Channeling Magic)
- Eerie Focus (Communing)
- Glowing Focus (Channeling)
- Restoration Focus (Restoration Magic)
- Ritualist's Focus (Spawning Power)
- Writhing Focus (Restoration Magic)
- Jug - Primary spellcasting attribute
- Paper Fan - Primary spellcasting attribute
- Plagueborn Focus - Primary spellcasting attribute
- Straw Effigy - Primary spellcasting attribute
- Pronged Fan - Primary spellcasting attribute
- Aureate Chalice (Inspiration Magic)
- Butterfly Mirror (Inspiration Magic)
- Chimeric Eye (Illusion Magic)
- Majestic Focus (Domination Magic)
- Stone Chakram (Illusion Magic)
- Wooden Chakram (Domination Magic)
- Air Prism (Air Magic)
- Earth Prism (Earth Magic)
- Fire Prism (Fire Magic)
- Iridescent Prism (Energy Storage)
- Water Prism (Water Magic)
- Tormented Focus - all caster attributes
Eye of the North Expansion
- Gwen's Flute (Unique) (Inspiration)
- Rose Focus (Unique) (Fast Casting)
- Starfish Focus (Inspiration Magic)
- Asuran Focus - all caster attributes
- Celestial Compass - all caster attributes
- Charrslayer Focus - all caster attributes
- Destroyer Focus - all caster attributes
- Norn Focus - all caster attributes
Bonus Mission Pack
* - This focus has a variant with alternate graphics.
For a comprehensive list of focus items, see Category:Focus Items.