Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dreier Dane is a cunning thief of clothes found in Kryta. He steals a pair of unwashed socks and flees with them and players need to chase him down during the quest A Very Grentchie Wintersday. He'll give you the socks once you corner him, just press O to follow him and eventually you'll get the socks.
Quests Involved In
- "Mercenaries! You'll never catch me! I am a leaf on the wind! I, Dreier Dane, the infamous clothing bandit of lore and song, cannot be captured! I know why the caged moa sings!"
- "Nothing to see here, move along. I'm not up to anything. Just minding my own business, I am. Just a private citizen, that's me. I can certainly assure you I'm not thinking about stealing any clothing. And if I was, the last thing I would steal would be socks. That's just ridiculous. Good Wintersday to you."
- "Curses, you've left me no place to run! Perhaps it is time that I, Dreier Dane, infamous clothing bandit of lore and song, reconsider my choice of occupation!"
- "Do not blame me, blame society! I grovel before you, a lowly, mangy dog. My wife, she is sick; my thirteen children, limbless and afflicted with the dreaded whooping vapors. My cat, she has kittens, and...not buying it, are you? Look, can I talk to you thief to mercenary for a moment? All that I have will be yours if you leave me be. Of course, all I have are these unwashed socks, but free me, and they are yours! Gloriously filthy socks they are, blights on the stocking industry, but perhaps they might be of use to you. Socks are rare in these lands, and these are...okay, please, I'll shut up, just don't hurt me. Pain makes me break out in cuts, bruises, and open wounds. I'm terribly allergic to it."
- His line, "I know why the caged moa sings", is a reference to the book "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings", by Maya Angelou.
- Also, the line "I am a leaf on the wind" may be taken from Hoban 'Wash' Wasburne from Firefly/Serenity.
He apears to use the skin of a naked male warrior if he was made in the Prophecies Campaign.