Dragons are reptile creatures that resemble giant lizards.
By their look and habitat dragons can be split into the following sub-species:
- Drakes found in Tyria are Middle Eastern style dragons. They are mostly sturdy and have only small wings or no wings at all, leaving them unable to fly.
- Glint is an example of a northern-European dragon.
- Dragons found in Cantha are Asian style dragons with a slim, serpent-like body and large wings that allow them to fly.
- Turtle Dragons found in Cantha look like a turtle, but are actually dragons too.
- Elonian Drakes resemble Crocodiles.
On top of the aforementioned subspecies, there are two NPC dragons that are among the most powerful creatures to be found anywhere in the world of Guild Wars:
|Fissure of Woe||Drake||24 Obsidian Furnace Drake||Shadowy Crest|
|Pre-Searing Ascalon||Drake||5 River Drake||unknown|
|Shiverpeak Mountains||Drake||(Ice Drake)1||unknown|
|Kryta||Drake|| 18 Lightning Drake|
20 Grand Drake
|Crystal Desert||Drake||21 Sand Drake||Topaz Crest|
|Ring of Fire Islands||Drake||24 Drake||Fiery Crest|
|Shing Jea Island||Turtle Dragon||11 Bonesnap Turtle||Bonesnap Shell|
|The Jade Sea||Serpentine Dragon||24 Saltspray Dragon||Azure Crest|
|Turtle Dragon||24 Rockhide Dragon|
|Saltspray Beach (Alliance Battle)||Serpentine Dragon||20 Saltspray Dragon Hatchling||n/a|
|Istan||Drake||10 Irontooth Drake||Chunk of Drake Flesh|
|Kourna||Drake||20 Steelfang Drake||Chunk of Drake Flesh|
|Eye of the North Expansion|
|Depths of Tyria||Drake||20 Chromatic Drake||Chromatic Scale|
- All Ice Drakes in the game are bosses.
- Despite their name and/or look, the following are not Dragons according to game mechanics:
- For the Ancient Dragons click here.