Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Speak with Lo Sha.
- Speak with Lo Sha again to begin the test.
- Defeat Su or survive for 2 minutes.
- Speak with Lo Sha again.
- See Instructor Ng for your reward.
- The following skills are given upfront, not as a reward:
|Defense Against Hexes||N.A.||N.A.||N.A.||N.A.||N.A.||N.A.|| |
- "One of the most important things you can learn in this dojo is how to defend yourself against the power of Hexes. Many foes use Hexes to limit your abilities, drain your Health and Energy, and so on. The strongest of us learn to successfully combat these techniques. Are you ready to enter my dojo and learn the art of Hex defense?"
- "By accepting this quest you will abandon other advanced training quests and put yourself into a separate training arena from the rest of your party, if applicable."
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Lo Sha)
- "So, you are ready to learn about Hex defense, are you? Well then, you will engage Instructor Su in combat. She is a master Necromancer with powerful Hexes in her arsenal. Defeat her and survive her Hexes, and you will have passed this test. Here are some skills that will aid you in this task. Good luck."
Intermediate Dialogue 2 (Lo Sha)
Intermediate Dialogue 3 (Lo Sha)
- "Congratulations, my friend. Su is a powerful Necromancer, but you held your own against her nicely. Return to Instructor Ng and he will reward you for your progress."
- "Well done. You have completed your training in Defense Against Hexes. It is an important area of study, especially when facing Necromancers and Mesmers."
After you have accepted the quest you must talk to Instructor Ng again and chose the "I want to enter the arena" option. This will teleport you to the Shing Jea Dojo where you will meet your sparring partner, Su. Talk to the designated training partner twice to start the actual fight. The status of the training partner will switch from green (NPC) to red (foe) and you will be attacked.
Make use of any skill you like to counter the techniques used by Su. It isn't too hard.
When you have achieved the goal (survive 2 minutes or bring down Su's health to about 30%) her status will switch back to green. The gate of the Dojo will open and you can return to the Monastery and talk to Instructor Ng again for your reward.
Notes & Tips
Hint: Since you get the needed skills in advance, there is actually no need to complete the quest (at least not immediatly). If you accept the quest (getting the skill) but then skip it, you can come back when you have access to all secondary classes and reapply, thus gaining free skills for these classes too. Doing this for all of Ng's quests, you will have to wait on 5,000 Quest-XP, but it will net you at least 10 free skills.