Arne also gives basic information for new players on such things as where to find weapons, how you can get better armor, and the location of the first mission area.
- "Captain Arne of the Vanguard, at your service.
- Is there something I can help you with?"
I have some questions.
- "What do you want to know?"
How do I get better weapons?
- "If you're desperate for a weapon, you can see the Mercant [sic] but the best weapons are found in battle.
- After you find a good weapon, remember that you can bring the weapon to a weaponsmith and have it customized to increase the damage it deals."
How do I get better armor?
- "Armor or clothing must be crafted for you personally. There's no point in trying to protect yourself with a heap of ill-fitting garb. The crafters here in Ascalon City can make some perfectly adequate things for you to wear if you provide the crafting materials.
- See the Outfitter and buy a Salvage Kit if you want to break down the items you find for crafting materials."
How can I best serve Ascalon?
- "These are troubled times, (character name). You can serve Ascalon by fighting our enemies. You can travel out the north gate and see if they need any help guarding the Great Northern Wall. You might also go out the west gate to protect the countryside of Old Ascalon.
- If you ever get lost, use your map. To view the map, click the Menu button, then select Map Travel or Map Area."
Thank you. That is all for now.