Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Shadow's Passage, The Undercity,|
Xaquang Skyway, Kaineng Center,
Vizunah Square (Foreign Quarter)
(click to enlarge)
Bukdek Byway is an explorable area in Kaineng City. It is located to the south of Kaineng Center and the Western parts of the imperial palace It seems to be one of Kaineng's better districts, considering the good buildings along the coast and the safe streets connecting Kaineng Center to The Marketplace and some kind of square that is more-or-less centrally located.However, the architecture gets shabbier as one moves inland, as do the people, as that area is controlled by the Jade Brotherhood.
- Northeast: Shadow's Passage and South: Xaquang Skyway are Initially locked
- Southeast: The Undercity
- Via the Crevasse: Tunnel Beneath Cantha (only accessible if your account has Eye of the North purchased. Else, you'd be stuck in a hole and you'd have to "dig" your way to the "undercity".)
Cities, Missions, Outposts
- North: Kaineng Center
- East: Vizunah Square (Foreign Quarter) - Need quest Welcome to Cantha to unlock
- Southwest: The Marketplace
Objects / Locations of Interest
- God's statues:
- Jade Brotherhood
- Am Fah
- 24 (30) Afflicted Guardsman Chun (Enraged Smash) (Only during The Afflicted Guard quest)
- 24 (30) Wing, Three Blade (Triple Chop) (Except during Chasing Zenmai quest)
- 24 (30) Jin, the Purifier (Expel Hexes) (Except during Chasing Zenmai quest)
- 24 (30) Chung, the Attuned (Elemental Attunement) (Only during the Eliminate the Am Fah quest)
- 24 (30) Kenshi Steelhand (Palm Strike) (Duplicated in a second location if the Eliminate the Jade Brotherhood quest is active)
- 15 Zenmai (only during Chasing Zenmai)
- 20 Canthan Guards
- 10 Canthan Peasants
- Homeless Canthan
- Ransujun the Prophet
- 20 Brother Mhenlo (only during Welcome to Cantha)
- 20 Jamei (only during Welcome to Cantha)
- 20 Cynn (only during Welcome to Cantha)
- Taojo (Father of Aiko)
- Aiko (Quest: Missing Daughter)
- Imperial Chef Yileng (Only during the quest Feed the Hungry)
- Song San Nok
- 20 Chiyo (only during Welcome to Cantha)
- 20 Emi (only during Welcome to Cantha)
- 8 Bryan (Quest: Going Home)
- Minister Tahlen (Quest: Passing the Buck)
- Minister Khannai
- Minister Onghsang
- Guardsman Chow
- Chibichi the Tamer
- Drinkmaster Tahnu
- Off-Duty Guard (only during the quest Finding The Oracle)
- 20 Nika (only during the quest Finding The Oracle)
- 20 M.O.X.
The following quests start in Bukdek Byway:
(Note: Icons indicate profession specific quests, skill rewards or repeatable quests.)
- Aiko: Missing Daughter
- Bryan: Going Home
- Minister Tahlen: Passing the Buck
- Nakai: Too High a Price
- Nika: Closer to the Stars (Primary Quest)
- There is a Crevasse (labeled Chasm) in the middle of the area where the player can get to Eye of the North. Most tend to get "stuck" in this chasm and go through a time warp, while hearing the song "Let's do the time warp again!"
- To receive credit for the Vanquisher title track... Well, you know... Be "chaotic".
- You can vanquish or be "chaotic" by killing just one foe if you have activated the quests Chasing Zenmai & The Drunken Master and if both Eliminate the Jade Brotherhood & Eliminate the Am Fah are not active. Note: you will initially get the sign that the area has not been vanquished, but without the usual animation. Defeat Drinkmaster Tahnu and you will get credit for vanquishing or attempting to be chaotic.
- You can vanquish or be chaotic in the area by killing only 3 foes, if you have Chasing Zenmai activated: go to where Zenmai and Bryan are and kill the 3 ambushers. Mind you, you'll miss seeing them make "eye" contact as we all know "something" is between those two.
- You can reduce Death Penalty by completing Too High a Price, it can be activated and completed without leaving the area. It does not require any combat. Or by using an eye of the north skill while killing. This can reduce the need of sweets, etc. However, we all know that we're "addicted" to the sweets.