Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Bookah" is an Asuran phrase that is used to refer to all non-Asuran creatures, and not, as some suspect, specifically to Humans. It typically denotes inferiority, and is often used in a condescending manner. It is also the name of loud, bellowing, make-believe monsters that Asura parents created to scare children.
- In Polish language version word "bookah" is translated as "fajtłapa", which is an insult similar to English "fumbler"
- The Asuran pronunciation of "bookah" sounds very similar to the Japanese word for one's subordinates.
- In Russian language a word "bookah" means the same as Asuran. Also a localize firm of Guild Wars in Russia carries that name, and pronounced similarly.
- In Italian language version word "bookah" is translated as "Babau", the name of the make-believe monster that scares children in Italian folklore.
- The Bengali word "boka" which has similar pronunciation to bookah is translated to "stupid" or "idiot" in English.