Announcer Spikesan is the rollerbeetle race caller.
During Canthan New Year
- "It's a beautiful day for a race, folks. A beautiful day."
- "The sun is shining and the wind is blowing ... away from the stables."
- "The beetles are ready and screeching to go. And ... they're off!"
- "Bailey is cruising right along. But Roach has taken the lead! He is really smoking now!"
- "They're coming up to the turn. Keaton is juiced up, but Wark looks like he may choke under the pressure."
- "Ringo, the late comer, is moving up the pack. He just might be a star today."
- "Herbie is moving at a fine clip. That bug just loves to roll."
- "Coming around the corner, Scurries in Daylight finally emerges from the shadows."
- "Oh my Gods! Kringle's Little Helper is rolling the wrong way!"
- "And bringing up the rear is ... Beetlebomb. Looks like he's blown his chance again."
- "At the finish line, it's McQueen Bee-tle by a mandible. What a race, folks. What a race!"
During Gamer Weekend
- "Welcome back, ladybugs and gentlement. Burrow into your seats and prepare for another wild day at the races!"
- "They're out of the gates and already it's a bloodbath. Crunches underfoot takes a hit to the shell and spins out of control! <errant carriage return>"
- "Down, down...down they go. Feelers whipping the dirt, a dust trail in their wake."
- "Ankle Biter moves to the head of the pack. What a nuisance!"
- "But wait, here comes Bubonic like a plague out of nowhere!"
- "This could be it, folks."
- "They're heading to the finish line...almost there...OH NO! WHAT AN UPSET!"
- "Bubonic takes a shot to the rear by Death's Head! That bug hunts like a hawk!"
- "Death's Head wins in a stunning display of prowess! Don't forget to visit our snack stand during intermission. Half off on Lunar festival leftovers!"
- "The crowd is teeming with excitement and the rollerbeetles are rarin' to go!"
- "Three! Two! One! And...they're off!"
- "Bailey" is a reference to the comic strip character, Beetle Bailey.
- "Roach" refers to the shortening of the word cockroach, but the text seems to reference a name for a marijuana cigarette.
- "Keaton" refers to Michael Keaton, who played the title character in Beetle Juice.
- "Wark" is a reference to Chocobos from the Final Fantasy series.
- "Ringo" is a reference to Ringo Starr, the drummer for the Beatles.
- "Herbie" was the VW Bug in the movie The Love Bug.
- "Kringle's Little Helper" refers to Santa's Little Helper, a former racing greyhound adopted by the Simpsons.
- "Bubonic" is a reference to the Bubonic Plague.
- "McQueen Bee-tle" is a double reference, both to a queen bee, and to Steve McQueen, who starred in the cult racing film Le Mans. (This may also be a reference to Lightning McQueen, who in the movie Cars, tied for first place by his outstretched tongue.)
- "Beetlebomb" and the announcer's name are both references to the song Beetlebomb by Spike Jones.
- "Death's Head" is a reference to the robotic bounty hunter introduced in British Transformers comics.