The Afflicted are cursed creatures that plague the land of Cantha. They are living creatures ‐ animals, humans, plants — that have gotten too close to the malevolent spirit of Shiro Tagachi. Despite rumors to the contrary, the disease is not contagious, and only spreads through contact with Shiro.
Afflicted look like a grotesque misshapen pile of human organs (and body parts of other creatures) shambling about. Some are more human-shaped than others. Most of them appear to have large, swollen tumors on their bodies. They retain the combat strengths of their former selves, but their powers are altered and augmented in terrible ways by the Affliction. Upon death they explode in a putrid manner causing high damage in an effect called Afflicted Soul Explosion.
The Afflicted can be found throughout Cantha, on Shing Jea Island, in the narrow alleys of Kaineng City and even making assaults in the Echovald Forest and the Jade Sea. In any area they are found, they will be hostile to all other creatures except Shiro'ken and (usually) the Am Fah.
|Collectable Drop||Augmented Flesh||Putrid Cyst||Pulsating Growth|
|11 Afflicted Ravager||13 Afflicted Bull|
- Sickened, a related condition/group.
- Category:Afflicted, which shows all Afflicted (including Bosses and quest-specific Afflicted)
- Afflicted are generally friendly with the Am Fah, however a few are not (the reasons for either reaction are not explained in the game).
- The Luxons and the Kurzicks seem to think Affliction is a disease:
- Afflicted bosses do not drop green items, as do most other Canthan bosses.
- There are no vegetative Afflicted, even though the Guild Wars Factions manuscript mentions that plants, too, can suffer from Shiro's presence.